Monday, November 10, 2014

A crumby Sunday

I Worked on a crumb quilt on Sunday and finished it this morning.  I had 30 crumb blocks pieced from the past couple years and needed to complete a UFO for sanity sake!









I added the royal blue sashings and cornerstones yesterday afternoon, and sewed the blocks and rows together.  Then I thought I would just put on some print border but didn't have anything in the stash that would work. But with tons of strips and strings in the leftover bins I set to work piecing the borders. I managed to get 2 borders on last night before I got too tired. And finised the last 2 this morning-I was up very early!  So now I have an almost free quilt-gotta love that.  I will donate this top to the Community Outreach booth at MQS(Machine Quilters Showcase) this spring.


 Oh the wonderful feeling of having at least one UFO off my counter(sigh).  the sashings turned out aqua in the pic but they really are royal blue!

I will be joining  Freemotion at the River and Let's Bee Social linky party-links on the side bar. And don't forget to go check out the other party goers!!

5 comments:

  1. Your pieced border adds a lot. Such a great choice. Great progress on a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very striking and I think the piano key border really adds to the overall effect more than a patterned piece of fabric would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki! Beautiful and fun scrappy blocks! I like your corner stones and the border! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt top is a beauty! Love that scrappy border. What a perfect way to finish her off!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html