Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Cobblestone finish-OMG

This is my second Cobblestone Path quilt I have made.  I love the fun modern look of it and I loved the red aqua fabrics, so together they made for an awesome quilt!  You can see the first one here.

Edited to say: When I post this today I forgot to say it is also my OMG this month!!!!!!  So I'll be linking up at Elm Street Quilts when it goes live.

                

All custom quilted on my Nolting Funquilter 17".  Two different feather sprays go the length of the print fabric columns.  Wishbones are quilted in the white sashings between the feather columns, and the white border all the way around the quilt.




The backing is pieced with some of the leftover prints.  I love print backings and I love pieced backings-a win win;)  They just add so much character to a quilt.



Hobbs 80/20 batting with Glide Thread.  This quilt is now in my Etsy shop.
Linking with-
Inquiring Quilter

21 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt, Vicky. I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! I love the two you have on Etsy. Beautiful and cozy to wrap up in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you quilted it in alternating rows. The pieced backing is lots of fun. What a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I like the wishbones you used. I didn't think of that one. I have mine similar quilt almost done, 2 of them in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great finish! Your backings are so much fun. This is my least favorite part of quilting... piecing the backing. I need to remember how fun they look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did a line within the white before the Herring bone... Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely quilt, I love how you quilted it and you are right, the back gives it a unique touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another quilt finished! I love the colors and the backing. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish! Such a fun pattern and your quilting looks fantastic!

    We're loving the same colors this week! Red and aqua have been flying through my machine, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful quilt and beautiful stitching! Love the colors in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty quilting, this is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. I love your leafy feathers - they look so good both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red and aqua go together fabulously. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's not to love in this quilt, The colors sing, the pattern is simple and eye-catching and the quilting is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This quilt is so happy modern. I especially love the quilting. You had alot of fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quilt , and like yourself I much prefer pieced backings , much more interesting . That's the second time today I've heard of glide thread , never came across it myself

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful quilting! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful! The quilting looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I love the colors in this quilt! And your quilting is perfection. Congratulations, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html