Thursday, August 17, 2017

2nd QAYG

I actually did this little quilt as you go basket first but forgot to post it.  While on one of our camping vacations this summer I stopped into a cute little quilt shop in Randall, Minnesota called The Old Creamery Quilt Shop.  So much fun stuff to check out in there.  This little basket pattern caught my attention, so it came home with me, and I made this basket using Island Batik 5" sqs. they call stamps.



What fun colors I had to work with, this collection is called  Spoolin' Around.


 I chose to make the bottom of all one fabric instead of making it like the outside of the basket.



 While it is not the usual method of quilt as you go that we think of, it is still a quilt as you go.  You make binding strips, shove batting in it and then stitch the strips together.  I don't want to give away to much of the method, you will just have to get the pattern and give it a whirl!  Not affliated, just saying it was kinda fun to make.  The pattern is Baby Soft Bowl by Aunties Two Patterns.  It comes in 3 sizes.  I think I made the medium one.






Linking with the Friday linky parties listed on my left side bar. 

17 comments:

  1. Sweet! You are doing a great job thinking outside the box! The bowl is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Those batiks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Old Creamery Quilt Shop! They have such cute ideas there. Your basket is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, creative idea! Now you have me curious about the method, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki,
    That is a really cool looking basket. It reminds me of something we made back in grade school with magazine pages rolled really tightly - only much, much cuter! I will watch for that pattern and give this a try - it has so many fabric possibilities. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute basket! Fabrics are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make mine!! yours is adorable and great that you did a solid bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I haven't seen this particular style and shape of basket before. You said it was the medium size, but how big is that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute Vicki! Perfect for a charm pack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun basket Vicki! Interesting how you stuff the batting in it. So pretty and it looks like it's well worth learning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a one, maybe 2 of those Aunties Two patterns! Lovely colours Vicki. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Those buttons are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out really cute. This is a great idea for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I just finished mine now! you're right the binding was tricky, I loved the stitching part/assembly but not the binding and final sewing, but it's small so not too bad. I counted 27 strips to make the size, how many are yours?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Vicki, especially in those rainbow colours. A large size would make a great waste fabric basket to throw scraps in while piecing, and just might keep my sewing room slightly tidier. Somehow I doubt it, sigh..........

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html