Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Trees and stars topper

Hello I am back, the week has went so fast once again!  Yesterday I picked up leftovers from the second craft show of the season and it was better than last year, so I am happy about that.  I did have some Holiday table runners left so they will go to the last show in a couple weeks.

I do have a new topper to show you today. Its from a pattern by Suzanne's Art House called Winter Stars(not affiliated, I just liked the pattern).   As I was making it I thought I will probably not do another one as some of the pieces were small.  However, now that it is all done I really like it and will probably do more!!   I think that starching my fabrics first would have helped, I will do that next time.



And wouldn't cha know-I made more snowman runners, LOL   I know you are all shocked that I would do that :D  I bound 8 of them this past weekend, listed 3 on Etsy and sold 2 of them yesterday!!  Good thing I made extra's and I still have 2 more cut out.  


I am really liking using Jodie Robinson's ruler, I have an addition to this design I will try on another border some day.

And more skinnies too!  They are only 14" wide, so that is why I call them skinny as most of my runners are 18" wide.


Same design, different fabrics.  If I had time I would go back and count up the number of snowmen table runners I have made this year-it's a lot!!

Linking with some favorite Tuesday and Wednesday linky parties whose links are on the left side bar.


18 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your sales! Seems like sales in your Etsy shop are picking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki!
    I'm glad to see a post from you - I missed you but I knew you were busy. That snowman face - so darn friendly. You just HAVE to smile back at him. I love this new table topper. The trees coming out from the center stars along with the additional stars surrounding it make it very unique. I would buy that! I am not surprised that your Etsy shop is taking off . . . you make cute things; you chose fabrics that are perfect for the project; and lastly, you quilt them so that the appropriate features are highlighted. I say list them all on Etsy! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman runners are wonderful. The quilting is so nice. Wish I could get the hang of free motion. Your runners will be the hit for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not surprised your snowman runners are selling so well? Because they are so cute and so beautifully made of course! I like the trees and stars, it would be wonderful moderated into a tree blanket thingy. Now I’ve retired I must be going senile, I forgot what they are called hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, adorable! I really like the Winter Stars topper. Would it be large enough for a tree skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that stitching in the border, and was thinking, "I wonder if she has a ruler for that?" Do you quilt all these on a long arm or a sit down machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees and stars topper is great, Vicki! I love the colors you used! Glad your snowmen are selling so well, too. I know why - because they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so very cute! Each one seems to have his own personality. The last picture looks like he's made from felt - yes or no? Thanks again for sharing these fun guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, goodness, those snowmen are fantastic! I love the grey background and the way you quilted them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've really got a blooming cottage industry going, Vicki...good for you! Each & every item you share is so well done, with the best color choices & adorable quilting motifs. I'm now kicking myself for not buying JR's ruler now....I really like what you did with it in that border. I didn't realize yours was the small size. Perhaps I need to go back for a second look.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which lovely things you have done for X-mas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These snowmen are too cute. I love the greys and reds. On the last two snowmen pictures, with the gray binding, how are they bound? It seems to be a wide binding? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why your snowman runners are so popular. And I love that border you quilted with the ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You have been BUSY!! I love those skinnies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH my gosh, Vicki, those snowmen runners are ADORABLE. I don't wonder that you sold 2 immediately on etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on all your sales Vicki! You have been so busy with shows and now your store! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. By now we all know that the snowmen are multiplying and you don't have to even try. They have taken over, Vicki. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey you?! No post for a few days . . . are you okay? Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are spending time with family and friends, and have lots of fun. Don't eat too much pie! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html