Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Trees and stars topper

Hello I am back, the week has went so fast once again!  Yesterday I picked up leftovers from the second craft show of the season and it was better than last year, so I am happy about that.  I did have some Holiday table runners left so they will go to the last show in a couple weeks.

I do have a new topper to show you today. Its from a pattern by Suzanne's Art House called Winter Stars(not affiliated, I just liked the pattern).   As I was making it I thought I will probably not do another one as some of the pieces were small.  However, now that it is all done I really like it and will probably do more!!   I think that starching my fabrics first would have helped, I will do that next time.



And wouldn't cha know-I made more snowman runners, LOL   I know you are all shocked that I would do that :D  I bound 8 of them this past weekend, listed 3 on Etsy and sold 2 of them yesterday!!  Good thing I made extra's and I still have 2 more cut out.  


I am really liking using Jodie Robinson's ruler, I have an addition to this design I will try on another border some day.

And more skinnies too!  They are only 14" wide, so that is why I call them skinny as most of my runners are 18" wide.


Same design, different fabrics.  If I had time I would go back and count up the number of snowmen table runners I have made this year-it's a lot!!

Linking with some favorite Tuesday and Wednesday linky parties whose links are on the left side bar.


16 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your sales! Seems like sales in your Etsy shop are picking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki!
    I'm glad to see a post from you - I missed you but I knew you were busy. That snowman face - so darn friendly. You just HAVE to smile back at him. I love this new table topper. The trees coming out from the center stars along with the additional stars surrounding it make it very unique. I would buy that! I am not surprised that your Etsy shop is taking off . . . you make cute things; you chose fabrics that are perfect for the project; and lastly, you quilt them so that the appropriate features are highlighted. I say list them all on Etsy! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman runners are wonderful. The quilting is so nice. Wish I could get the hang of free motion. Your runners will be the hit for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not surprised your snowman runners are selling so well? Because they are so cute and so beautifully made of course! I like the trees and stars, it would be wonderful moderated into a tree blanket thingy. Now I’ve retired I must be going senile, I forgot what they are called hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, adorable! I really like the Winter Stars topper. Would it be large enough for a tree skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that stitching in the border, and was thinking, "I wonder if she has a ruler for that?" Do you quilt all these on a long arm or a sit down machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trees and stars topper is great, Vicki! I love the colors you used! Glad your snowmen are selling so well, too. I know why - because they are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so very cute! Each one seems to have his own personality. The last picture looks like he's made from felt - yes or no? Thanks again for sharing these fun guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, goodness, those snowmen are fantastic! I love the grey background and the way you quilted them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've really got a blooming cottage industry going, Vicki...good for you! Each & every item you share is so well done, with the best color choices & adorable quilting motifs. I'm now kicking myself for not buying JR's ruler now....I really like what you did with it in that border. I didn't realize yours was the small size. Perhaps I need to go back for a second look.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which lovely things you have done for X-mas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These snowmen are too cute. I love the greys and reds. On the last two snowmen pictures, with the gray binding, how are they bound? It seems to be a wide binding? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why your snowman runners are so popular. And I love that border you quilted with the ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You have been BUSY!! I love those skinnies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH my gosh, Vicki, those snowmen runners are ADORABLE. I don't wonder that you sold 2 immediately on etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on all your sales Vicki! You have been so busy with shows and now your store! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html