Thursday, March 15, 2018

Jelly roll waves

This quilt has been patiently waiting for me to get time to quilt it.  The fabrics were 2 half jelly rolls from  this site that I picked up a couple years ago.  I was just waiting for the right pattern to hit me;) And speaking of patterns this one is Jelly Roll Waves by Myra at Busy Hands.

 Just came off the longarm.  I used Glide thread in a medium gray as I didn't want it to stick out too much on the white and still show up on the prints.  The pattern I freehand quilted is a dwirling design I learned from The Pajama Quilter.  I love doing this design as it never comes out the same twice. 


 These fabrics remind me of the Caribbean waters and the quilting design represents the waves;)





I got creative with the back-I had a few leftover partial strips from the front that I really wanted to use up.  The peacock fabric I found at JoAnn's last week and snatched a couple yards and then had to come up with a plan, I ran a bit short therefore I added the green from my stash and it was just the right size.  Binding time-I just happened to have a solid blue that worked perfectly, it is an advantage to have a rather large stash!  My Jelly Roll Wave measures 49 x 68 and is now listed in my Etsy shop.

 And I better get back to cleaning house as I am hosting my local longarm meeting on Saturday.  So far 12 say they are coming, sometimes we have 20.  Everyone brings a dish to pass for lunch, but the hostess supplies a main dish and drinks.  I am going to do a Rigatoni hot dish this time.  Hope you all have a fun weekend.

Linking with Myra and Sarah and Tish Sandra this week.

12 comments:

  1. This is such a fun pattern for jelly rolls. Great finish! What time is lunch on Saturday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool pattern, and I really like those blues you used. It definitely has a beachy feel! What do you ladies do at your longarm meetings? Sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    What a fun and eye-pleasing design! It does look like the Caribbean water and your quilting does suggest waves. I love it and it look like it went together quickly. I could see just two of the columns as a table runner too - just saying. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen a post from you, so I'm happy to see your email today! Have fun at the long arm meeting! I assume it must be just a social event as they certainly can't bring their long arms for a stitching event! HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colours, and that pattern too...which I won from her Splash of Colour QAL! Cool quilting motif on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, Vicki! It really does look like the water we're cruising in right now :) And I love that quilting motif! It looks like such fun to stitch, curving and wandering around without a care in the world.

    This post reminded me that I never claimed my prize pattern from Myra after the Splash of Color QAL, so thanks for that. I'm off to email her now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blues remind me of the ocean views we had in Florida. They are so refreshing, and the quilt pattern is really fun. I like what you did with the backing, I'm finding I enjoy pieced backings on quilts. It's another thing to look forward to when looking at a quilt! Have fun with your group tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd also like to know what you do at your longarm meetings! You did a great job on that quilt. I especially love the quilting. I've used the dwirling method one time on a quilt, but it's been years since I've done that. It didn't looks as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt in every way! The free motion quilting looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. I love the colors and the quilting design is perfect for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the large stash advantage. I really love being able to shop in it and find perfect accompaniments. Love the pieced backing. This worked up into a very nice quilt. My favorite colors :) Your longarmer luncheon meetings sound fabulous. Perfect socializing idea for folks who do their work at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on this finish! I'm waving to the Jelly Roll Wave :) In all seriousness, is the motif called dwirling? Does The Pajama Quilter have a tutorial for it? I don't remember you quilting it before and I'm really loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilt! I like the colors and you really knew how to handle the quilting...it's perfect for these pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html