Saturday, April 7, 2018

The work is done and it is playtime!

I finished up the weeks work a few hours early yesterday so I got to play!!!  
First the work...
More purses done and listed in my Etsy shop





Using my design this is #3 and #4 of the 6 I cut out a couple weeks ago.

I won't bore you with the details again. But if you missed the details on this you can find more info on this HERE












I also finished up my Island Batik April challenge quilt which I will show you on Monday!!  Just had to let you know that so you wouldn't think all I did all week were these 2 purses!  I also worked on some fall runners for the craft shows-never too soon to start on those.

So now the play begins. Yesterday I finally decided to try out the Creative Grids Pineapple ruler I picked up at the Quilt Expo in Madison WI last fall.  I recently saw a You Tube video from Jenny at Missouri star using this ruler.  Her excitement is very contagious!  I got mine out yesterday along with my pile of 30's scraps and made this block and got started on 2 more. 

All the while making it I felt like Jenny-I understood her excitement over making this block!! They are just so cute.  Mine finished at a 10" block.  My goal is to make 9 blocks and border it for a neonatal quilt or perhaps 12 for a little bigger one.  We'll see.  I hope to do a couple more today.

Linking with UFO Busting and Oh Scrap


11 comments:

  1. I for one would never think you weren't working! Love the purses. But I can't get excited about pineapple blocks. Those look like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little pineapple block is just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we know you are working, and you know I can look out toward your place and see the thread and fabric flying! The pineapple block is really fun. Now I need to check out that ruler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki,
    I was wondering what you were up to and now I know. Great job on the purses, and starting on fall is a fabulous idea. You always have a bunch to make last minute because they sell so well! I love the pineapple block! I was just saying yesterday that I was to make a pineapple wall hanging for the front door - different block but similar wave length. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on those purses...and more to come! I had to go look at the video of the pineapple block! Your block is so pretty! I can see the value of having that ruler to help with the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purses are great, Vicki! Hope they are good sellers for you. The pineapple block looks like fun to me, too - I'll have to check out that ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine those purses will fly right out of your shop - so beautiful!
    I made a bazillion little pineapples for my Long Time Gone (well, I guess it was really only a couple dozen, but it sure felt like a bazillion), but I did it without a specialty ruler. If I ever feel an urge to make pineapples again (ha!), I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my pineapple quilt. But the blocks did become a bit tedious. However looking at yours makes me think I want to make another. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bags! And so glad you were able to play and start something so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those rulers but haven't used them yet. We didn't use special rulers in the pineapple block class I took, but I think I would rather use them especially since I have them. Your block looks fantastic in those 30's prints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even if all you had finished was two bags, I would still be impressed because I've only finished zero bags ever :) Now I'm all excited for Monday to see what you came up with for your challenge the yummy batiks you used.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html