Thursday, June 21, 2018

Customer Purse

Last week I was contacted by a previous customer to see if I could make her a purse with a longer handle.  She wanted another purple one.  No problem, I got to work pulling fabrics for her and this is the completed purse which I shipped out today.
This is made from one I designed for myself many years ago.  There are three outside pockets and eight inside-no excuse for not being organized!

After pulling out the purse fabric, I found several more pieces I wanted to make up plus I had purchased some new ones last week.  I quickly cut out four more and quilted them up and finished assembling them this morning.  The two in the front are fabrics I picked up during the MN quilt show.  The black and red one, well I picked up the striped pocket fabric and the fabric behind it in Paducah this spring and the other flowered piece was in my stash and they matched perfectly!


What's next you ask...I have started the quilting on my June IB modern quilt.  And working on some more table runners.   The weather here this week has been drippy and cloudy-enough already!!  However it does make me want to stay in and sew like crazy:)  

Linking with Sarah and Sherry

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bags! It’s fun to put new fabrics to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very nice bags! Can never have too many pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some nice purple fabrics. Purple is a weak spot in my stash, meaning I don't have too many! Looks like your stash is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that fabric you picked up while at the quilt show worked out really well for the purses! Enough already is right for this weather, but it sure makes for quality time in the sewing room (if I just didn't have other commitments this week - haha).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great bags! Are the side pockets large enough to hold a water bottle? Vicki you should write a pattern to sell or give a tutorial for this bag. If you need a tester I would love to test for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to what Daryl said about a pattern or tutorial. The bags are very nice--especially the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bags! I'm sure she'll love her new purple one with the longer handles :) It's been super hot here, so I've been hunkered down in the a/c getting some sewing done, too.

    Looks like there's a fix to the Blogger problem. Check out this explanation:
    https://funwithbarbandmary.blogspot.com/2018/06/summer-blogger-fix.html
    We tried it on our blogs and it works! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bags, I love this pattern, and lot of pockets is always good ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice purses. You can never have too many pockets in a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your bags. The purple one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html