Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A few WIPs for Wednesday

I have been doing a little piecing, a little longarm quilting and a little binding too.  I am making the most of my time when we don't have other things planned.  Jumping a bit from one season to another, not that I am wanting summer over with.  Seems summer just finally started weatherwise.  But I do need to stock the boxes for the crafting fall and winter season.

First up I finished up these two pumpkin table runners.  You might remember that I made these last year also.  The pumpkin applique is from A Bright Corner.
.

These two jumped into the quilting que this past week also.  They were pieced last winter while we were traveling in the southwest.  One of them is now listed in my Etsy shop.  



Yesterday I went through some old photos from several years ago to see what I used to make.  Just looking for something different to add to my craft show boxes and Etsy.  This pattern was from Stitching Friends and is called Seasonal Star.  I don't see anything about them online so I am wondering if they are no longer in business.   So I whipped this up in just over an hour.  It measures about 24" across.  Perhaps I'll go quilt it now.  How would you quilt it?

I can hardly believe this is the last day of July, where has this year gone!!  So much done and so much more to make:)  

Linking with 





14 comments:

  1. Oh those pumpkins runners are adorable and you know how I love snowmen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute tablerunners, especially the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite ready for summer to be over! The AC bill was higher than expected this month. Nice to see you getting some things finished up for the craft shows. Those will sneak up on you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall shows will be here before you know it! The pumpkin runners are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! I love all of your runner, but especially the nice smile on the snowman's face. And that new table topper - or to this year - is really cool. No quilting advice from me, but get 'er done! And make a few more while you're at it. HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized last night that I hadn't chatted with you during the day. So I'm checking in to tell you I love the runners and the star. As to quilting, I'm not really a good resource, but I see curved radiating lines. I'll leave it to you to figure out how to make that happen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the star! My brain is trying to sort out how you did it--can't get past the outer HSTs. Any chance you would create a tutorial or pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd quilt it in dense matchstick quilting. I love doing that, plus it makes a table center/runner lay flatter. That way one can put a candle or flower vase on it and not worry about it being too poofy. JAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table runners are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's a really interesting star! Maybe dot-to-dot quilting, sort of echoing the shape outlines in each color? Your seasonal runners look super, too, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki, I really enjoyed your video and I think you did a great job. Wow, isn't that great to get such beautiful fabrics! Love those table runners and I also love the star you worked up. Not sure my piecing skills are up to it but it is beautiful. Happy Stitching from me where we are continuing heat warnings and no rain in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so ready for fall and winter - I'm still hanging out in summer! Love those runners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so wonderful. I'm sure they will sell well in your store. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html