Friday, October 18, 2019

Fall into Winter

As usual I am jumping from one season to another and back again!  The first craft show of the season is done.  I know some of you will ask how it was.  While not fabulous it was pretty good, all of my snowman table runners sold at this show.   One of the other items that sold was my Christmas S swirl table runner.  So I came home and whipped up two more. They, along with lots of other items were delivered to another craft show yesterday.  That show starts on Halloween and goes through mid November. 

Oops, when I made these I didn't pay attention to how I laid the two halves together.  Thus, the different curvature of them.  It does not affect their functionality so I left it. 


I've had two cute fat quarters of  brown with modern color leaves for well over a year and just could't decide what to make with them. After seeing the Christmas S swirl runners selling, I decided I should make a fall one.  The brown fat quarters were in the right place at the right time;)

 Isn't it fun with the pop of teal in there.  The brown leaf print has teal leaves although they didn't appear as strong as I would have liked to see after cutting it up. 

I know you have seen my snowman runners many times over, but I have to prove I am getting things done!  Or perhaps it is my way of documenting them for myself:)  These two made their way to the delivery yesterday.
 These are from my Tilting Trees pattern which I used to have on Craftsy.  They let me keep my shop but they deleted all my patterns but one. So I still have Through the Window pattern on bluprint.  But I am looking into opening up a second Etsy shop with only my patterns.

This is also one of my patterns, Three Snow Dudes.  I made two of these, one for the upcoming craft show and one went into Etsy last night.  They were identical and I didn't remember to get a picture of them together.  Oh shoot, I didn't get a photo of my 60 dishcloths I machine knit this last week too!  Yes it was a nose to the grindstone kind of week, crunch time.  Thankfully my sweet hubby helped out by making dinner for us every night this week.  Another busy day today of finishing up two runners and then getting a start on more snowman ones.   Have a fabulous fall weekend!

Linking with 






12 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! They all look great, but my fav is the pop of blue in your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those runners are SEW cute!! Best of luck with the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that was your runner when I saw it!! I love the non-traditional shape of it so much! Man, you are a magician when it comes to making runners....it feels like you just pull them out of your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those runners -- especially the snowmen! Off to play for the day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! I think it is cool that the "S" runner goes in both directions. It surely doesn't matter for the function or design, plus they look cute being mirror images. I didn't notice your snowman runners had curved edges before. That is pretty spiffy as well. I never tire of seeing your finishes even if you've shared them before. They aren't exactly the same each time anyway! I do have a question though - why do your patterns need a separate Etsy shop? I know they serve different customer bases but anyone can always check the options on the side to see only finished items. Just curious! Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chuckled at the thought of documenting your work for yourself. Sometimes that's all that motivates me to blog, too! Otherwise, a finished piece gets lost to faulty memory, I'm sure! Your fall leaves swirl looks great and those must be kinda fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure pack a lot into a week! Your table runners are as beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, you work is so neat and precise, it makes me jealous :-) But then the snowmen cool me down :-D Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on so many finishes! You can send your cook up here any time...lol. Tomorrow unfortunately it will be sunny so the garden is calling but I hope to get some quilting done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snap! on the turquoise in the Fall runner! So many finishes, wow! Good luck with your shows; I'm sure the snowmen will sell as they're so cute. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great runners! Glad you had a good start and hope it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html