Thursday, November 14, 2019

Quilting and knitting

Tis the season to get your decorating ideas in mind.  My customers have turned their thoughts to getting ready for Christmas so I needed to remake a few items.  Which of course is not a problem for me, I love it!  Crazy Trees by Saginaw Street is so fun to make. 


And so happy to make another of my S swirl runners.  This one has poinsettia fabric that I used for my main fabric and then pulled the red and green from that for the additional fabrics.  I love to set it all off with a black with gold metallic flecks. 


Since the weather has taken a turn for the cold already this year, I dug into my winter sock bin.  I've have been enjoying wearing some of my hand knit socks.  So I got a bug to make more while watching TV or riding in the car/truck for some longer upcoming rides.  Thank goodness I had written a blog post about the first couple pair so I have reference as to what pattern and needle size.  The pattern is a free one from Ravelry called Echo Beach Sock and I am using size 2 double pointed needles.  I can only do a little at a time or my wrists and thumb acts up. 


So that is what I have been up to in the last couple days. How about you, what has captured your attention this week. 

Linking with Put Your Foot Down

11 comments:

  1. I have the pattern for the crazy tree table runner, but haven't made one yet. It's moving up on my list of things to make! Have fun with your socks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! I'm glad your "S" runner is selling well. It's unusual and unique plus the colors are just perfect for the season. I'm thinking about starting to decorate this weekend or at least move the furniture around in preparation. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive! I got the urge to decorate yesterday, but I must hold fast to the after thanksgiving rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love both of those tablerunners! Fab quilting on the crazy trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that S runner so unusual. One day I will learn how to make socks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems to be the "get busy and get it done" season! We had access to a car yesterday so I boxed up and shipped out ten quilts. That makes a lot more room in my studio to tackle some new stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you're making socks too! You are always up to something :-) I can knit a little, but the idea of four needles at one time is just too much for my addled brain. Love those runners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those crazy trees are the cutest, Vicki! I'm not surprised they are popular. I'll have to look up that sock pattern - socks are something I've been wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely but I really like the swirl runner. I bet the binding was finicky on it though. Hmmm knitted socks. Do you make and sell them or custom orders? I have been looking for someone who could knit socks with flying geese, I will buy the pattern. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your header, Vicki. You have some of the cutest patterns sewn up. I'm presently crocheting as a tv pastime. Hand knit socks are the best. Happy Stitching to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly have beautiful items to decorate with! The trees are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html