Sunday, March 29, 2020

New project started

It always feels so good to start a new project don't you think?  I happen to have purchased this 2 1/2" strip pack back in January when I attended an Accuquilt event in Yuma, AZ at Bonnie's Fabric on Wheels.  The pack was on sale for only $15, plus they gave us a coupon to spend in the store after the presentation.  Now I couldn't just turn my back on it could I?  Of course not!  I had no idea at the time what I would use it for.

I had told my Accuquilt contact that I was going to attend and she told me I needed to introduce myself to Pam Heller the educator presenting it.  So glad I did, it was great meeting Pam, she even introduced me as an Accuquilt Go! Getter to the other attendees.  Pam had three different subjects she was sharing, I was only able to attend one.  This presentation was Beyond the Basics of die cutting.  It was fun to meet a few of the other attendees and just immerse myself in the quilt world for the afternoon.  Did you know that if you attend an Accuquilt event you have the opportunity to purchase a very special die that is not available to buy elsewhere.  This time it was the Arkansas Traveler, it looked so neat but I didn't get it, kinda sorry I didn't now.

So what am I making with this strip pack...stay tuned!  I have it cut out at this point. Don't you just love a cute trimmings photo:)

Even though what I am making is done with this precut strips you could certainly make it with scraps.  In fact I might make another someday doing just that.  I am teasing by not telling you I know, but I will say it is simple but looks harder. 

Have a safe healthy week!


13 comments:

  1. Well, judging from the lovely colors of your trimmings, whatever you're making is cheerful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! Those look like HST trimmings to me, and they sure are colorful. What a great deal on that strip pack and it is very pretty. I cannot wait to see what you've come up with. It is a fabulous time to start a new project . . . especially if you have the focus to do so! Stay healthy and safe, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am curious what this will be....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tease! But you sure look great in that photo! What a fun event for you to attend. Can't wait to see what you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really appealing collection of strips! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're going to make us wait?? Don't be cruel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those off trimmings are so pretty! Your quilt can't help but to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric colors are so pretty. I'll be watching to see what you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, Vick! You've got me on pins and needles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You tease! :) Well, the trimmings photo is fun - I like a good pic of colorful trimmings. No way you could have left that strip pack behind! Sounds like you got a great deal on it. Looking forward to seeing whatever it is that you're creating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing with that super fun jelly roll. I just ordered Arkansas Traveler. A shop held two online events with Pam and I attended I found it really interesting and learned quite a few clever new tips. Neither were the basic one which I've already done. I forget the name of the first one but the second one was how you could ID 4, 5, 8 etc patch block designs and then utilize the various dies in Qubes and Qube add ons. Keep an eye out for the online events. Happy sewing and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, that previous comment was full of typos so I deleted it and am starting again - with proofreading! I'm looking forward to seeing what this strip pack turns into. The colours look scrumptious in the little pile of trimmings.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html