Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hands 2 Help finish #3

Last Tuesday I showed you a finish all rolled up to prove I met that goal.  Today I will share the quilt with a better view.  It's the blue and yellow quilt I had worked on a bit here and there the last few weeks. This quilt is # 3 that I am donating for Hands 2 Help 2020.  It will go locally to the Crisis Nursery Center.



The piecing of this top was complete on April 14th and then it waited to be quilted until I was ready.  After completing the yellow and gray quilt last week with the three hook swirl I decided to go ahead and use it again for this one.  It is an easy, quick all over design that still keeps the quilt soft and cuddly.



For the back I had a piece of lightweight denim chambray that was the perfect color to go with this top.  And it was just the right size, no cutting, or adding to it. Love when that happens!


I think it would be fun to remake this one and for the prints use scraps and be consistent with one color of solid throughout. No time to try that right now, but maybe for next year.  The strips are all cut at 2.5". 


13 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to bring someone some cheer and comfort. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! Great finish - all of them are. I really love it when a backing is just the right size! It's meant to be then. Of course, I appreciate that closeup of your quilting. I love the swirl and hook combination - it always looks nice and it's a very forgiving stitch. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vibrant, Vic! Love your 3 hook swirl for softness. And that chambray is just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt, and that backing is perfect with it. Someone is going to enjoy cuddling up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, and such a nice size for snuggling under. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, bright and happy finish! And now that I know how much you like the triple hook swirl, I'm going to have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful finish, Vicki! That will make a wonderful donation quilt for Hands2Help. The quilt's recipient is sure to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun quilt! The design is simple, but the colors really make it pop. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish Vicki. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super finish! The colors are great and will make a nice donation for H2H. A scrappy would also be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is bright and happy! Blue and yellow are a great combination!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html