Monday, September 7, 2020

Amazing things can happen

Back in July, while we were on vacation, something amazing happened.  You know I have two Etsy shops, one for my finished quilted items and another for my patterns (which are only .pdf's).  Links to both shops are on the right side bar.   I wasn't checking my pattern shop daily, I mean we were on vacay;)  But one afternoon I checked and there were a few messages from customers who were having difficulty downloading their purchased pattern.  Upon further investigation on my part, one pattern was selling tons!  This one, The Snow Dudes.  I am so glad I checked that day so I didn't keep anyone waiting to download their pattern.  It was only a few hours into the rush of buyers.

This has never happened before, after helping those people who were having problems I asked a few of them how they happened to find my shop.  A couple responded that on some FB group someone posted their finished runner and linked to my shop as they were all so excited about it!!  But it seemed they didn't know which group, so I never discovered how it all happened.  I would love to have heard all the chatter!!!! So within a few days over 80 patterns sold of The Snow Dudes!  There were more that trickled in but I stopped counting at 80.  I am still flabbergasted:0

Flash forward into early August and I got an email from a gal who works for a quilt shop in Texas called Fabric Fanatics.  They wanted to know if they could purchase my patterns and make kits up.  What, another amazing thing.  But to be honest I have never done anything like that before and wasn't sure how to approach it.  But I talked to another gal who has worked with them in this manner and after that I felt good about it.  So they bought 30 patterns consisting of several different ones.  

Now September is off to a great start!  An Etsy customer purchased 3 runners on Friday and then asks me if I would consider taking an order for 14 runners!!  She has two nieces getting married later this year and wants to give them each 7 runners with various Holiday themes.  Holy cow!  Why yes indeed I accepted the order!  I have two of them done already. 



Thank you for letting me share my amazing news with you!  Happy Labor Day my quilty friends.  I will be doing a little sewing and a little baking today.  I have two table runners on my design wall for today.  And soon I will be working on my idea for Hello Fall blog hop which starts September 21st.  And then I am participating in From The Heart blog hop in October also. 

Linking with Design Wall Monday, and Monday Making.





16 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news, Vicki! You're going to put the capital L in Labor Day with all those runners you'll be making! So glad word is spreading that you have such fun patterns. I don't think I realized that you have two different shops. Off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what fantastic news Vicki! All it takes is some good word of mouth advertising from happy customers. I have more views on my blog and Shop Handmade site that I started listing things to sell on, than I have on my Etsy Shop. My shop there must be in some black hole as I do post to all the social media as they say to do and I hardly get any views and only had 4 sales this year and one was from a friend. I am thrilled for you Vicki. So nice when someone loves what you do and posts on FB about it so that you get the views to your shop and some sales too. I guess you will be quite the busy one with all those runners to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly is fun news! I can totally understand though...your table runners, especially your snowmen are adorable. They will continue to be popular and you have a lot to keep you busy. Have fun with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to hear about. Congratulations on your success. And keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super exciting!! So happy for you. I can see why this is happening....you are quick to get things done and your stuff is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific news Vicki! Keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you make a great product people will find it! Congratulations, your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic news! Your patterns are wonderful and appeal to anyone's style.
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. What good news! I love that this happened to you - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on all your success! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow this post never popped into my inbox yesterday, so I don't know what's up with that, but sure fun to read all the news and see those beautiful runners. You go! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's fantastic! So glad that the patterns are selling so well AND that a shop wants to kit your pattern! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news! I need to go check out your Etsy pattern site myself.... (but, honestly, do I really need a new pattern? Maybe!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get Fabric Fanatics newsletters. How wonderful for you for all the new business. Hope hubby's foot is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is amazing and super exciting! I always love seeing your seasonal designs. I’m thrilled that other people do too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww that's awesome. I don't remember if you told me about this. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html