Friday, April 15, 2022

A Squirrel came into my studio!!

Okay not a real squirrel, but one of those that just pops in to our daily life and says make me!!  I obliged right away.  And you know what, it felt great to do something new and different.  It all started when I was trying to get inspiration from Pinterest and one of Heather Mulder Peterson's table runner patterns popped in the mix and I checked out the link and it lead me to her pattern book.  Guess what, I already owned that one!  It's her On The Run Again book with a bunch of table runner designs.  


I always find it interesting to see a before and after quilting photo, in my haste to quilt it I forgot to take a total before one but here is part of it after it was pinned onto my quilting frame.
 

Stitching in the ditch around the white sections that bordered the aqua polka dots is where I began. Next came wishbones in the star points and at the same time the stipple in the white. 


The flower in the white hexagon center. I marked from point to point with a purple air erasable marker and used a circle template to stitch it. 


Isn't it cute!


And before long it was all done.  It's been a while since I took the time to really enjoy the custom quilting process. When deciding which fabrics to choose I looked at my fat quarters to see what I might use up.  These prints were part of a bundle that was used in a quilt at one time. I still have lots left and I am going to try another pattern from her book with them.  I just happened to have that polka dot in the stash too. That is almost gone now so I will have to use something else to coordinate. 


Gosh I am so glad that little squirrel interrupted my day!  Have any squirrels visited you lately?  
 
Linking up with:





19 comments:

  1. Vicki, I have a whole scurry of squirrels cheering me on through my to-do list! And it’s fun. You obviously had fun with your table runner. It looks really great! And in such pretty colors. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful squirrel! We do have to stop and play with them when they enter our quilting space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really pretty squirrel, and you did a great job quilting it too. I was visited by a squirrel this week too - and it's pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice runner I like the colors and the way you quilted it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty table runner. Vicki, your quilting talent is amazing. You have such a creative eye for what pattern should go where and the end result is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aqua border!! Beautiful quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that?! The fabrics are perfect, and I love what you did with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors! Stars, but not Christmas or patriotic! Not that there is anything wrong with those fabrics, in fact I’m a fan. But this is fresh and summery looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table runner. Love the colors and the pattern. I'll have to look for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very happy squirrel project. I think the star looks a bit like the shutter on a camera lens, and the quilting you added sets it all off so nicely. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous, Vicki! I love the colors and your quilting. It is definitely fun to try something new and different! And how perfect that you already had her book. Will you make more of these?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That squirrel led you to a very cute project. I love how you quilted it,and it is always worth the time to do the custom quilting - if you ask me. I love the polka dot, so I hope you find another fun fabric to work with the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Thanks for showing us how you quilted it, your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little squirrel project! I loved the before quilting and after pictures...the quilting adds so much life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I do occasionally have a squirrel steer me in another direction, lol! That runner is beautiful and perfect for Spring or Summer. I hope you are still doing well on Etsy after they raised their fees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vicki! Cute new runner and those fabrics are a fun choice. I'll bet this will sell quickly! Happy Easter to you! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great Squirrel!!! Its so pretty. I love the before and afters!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a terrific quilter! The end result is wonderful. Do you ever keep a table runner because you like it too much to give up?

    ReplyDelete
  19. While I fend off appealing quilty squirrels, my studio mates (both Golden Retrievers) have their noses pressed to the windows, hoping to catch sight of a real squirrel or two!

    I love this cute runner with its clever piecing. Thanks for the introduction to this pattern book!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html