Friday, May 13, 2022

Yummy Watermelon

 With the weather turning so hot it was time to make a cool refreshing watermelon table runner.  I have made a few different watermelon runners in the past and I had a customer asking for one.  This time I wanted to try a different block for it.  Last year I purchased Heather Peterson's newest table runner book, Trendy Table 3.  She has so many cute runners in there and one happened to be a watermelon.  


The vision I had was to make her watermelon into three blocks instead of one at each end of the runner.  To do this I needed to resize the strip sets before cutting out the wedges.  Not sure what size my melon would turn out but I dug right in and got it just right on the first try!  Pretty pleased with myself about that, LOL.  I chose two different red fabrics for the wedges and I had purchased the perfect green with watermelon rinds in mind at the time. 


A white tone on tone was used for the background for the melons and then for interest a black and white polka dot for the sashings and topping it off with red gingham. Now doesn't that just scream picnic!! 
Heather's pattern calls for her Triangular ruler but you don't have to have that as she has drawn out a template you can use if you don't have her ruler.  I just happened to have it and it works like a charm. 


I contacted my customer last night and it was gone out of the shop in a minute!!  Guess what, now I can make another, perfect timing as we are having more heat for a couple more days. 

Linking with:

Accuquilt would like you to know about it's launch party this coming Tuesday May 17th.  They are introducing four new items.  Be sure to register so you are entered into the drawing for prizes!  Click HERE to register.



8 comments:

  1. hard to believe it is watermelon time already - but this past week shows we are well into summer already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute runner, Vicki. I love the polka dots in the sashing and binding but those watermelon blocks are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and summery! I love how you were able to resize and add an extra watermelon. I need to start trying other options for my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table runner is adorable. Yes, I already registered for the Accuquilt new die event. I love it when they show a new die. Endless possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your great watermelon table runner fits right in with the current quite warm weather we are having. You’ve got me adding watermelon to my shopping list. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki, just caught up on your posts. It is always great to see what you are stitching, so many fun projects too. I love how you use these pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! Cute! Your quilting really gives the suggestion of wedges and makes my mouth water for some watermelon. YUM! I have a couple of littles that love it, too. I'm not one bit surprised that it sold immediately. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watermelons look so juicy and sweet! Love this runner. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html