It all started with charms I cut from my blue scrap stash and green scrappy four patches with a constant white tone on tone. While on the transformation of my sewing room I also needed a couple days of sewing. I decided to work on this WIP which I had cut out last fall and pieced most of the four patches. It was patiently waiting for it's sewing time again.
It was a plus that I now have a bigger design wall;) Not much time was involved in laying it all out. Sewing commenced right after. And before long a scrappy flimsy was born! It is a small lap size that is destined to be a donation quilt and will now take it's place in the 'to be quilted' pile. Even though it was only a small pile of fabric used up it felt great to move this WIP along. The pattern was a freebie called Spring Lake Quilt from Tilda's World.
Linking to Oh Scrap!
The bee balm is really showing off this year.
The dahlia's are off to a good start with promises of many more blooms.





Your flowers are beautiful! Dahlia’s are so orderly and bee balm is so wild looking, lol. How lovely to use your new design wall!
ReplyDeleteThose scraps are really pretty - I zoomed in, and I love the colors! They made a nice quilt. Your garden is doing great - you must be getting some decent rain. We have no rain in sight for at least another week.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a sweet finish. A good reminder to use simple units like squares and 4 patches for a quick project.
ReplyDeleteThat's a fun way to use up some scraps, Vicki! I like the movement in this design. Your bee balm and dahlias are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteyour flowers are so pretty - love all that red
ReplyDeleteYour monarda is Gorgeous!! It's so nice to have a finish from our UFO pile. That's a great pattern for a quick donation quilt.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice finish in your "new" space. Also fun to see the bounty of your garden!
ReplyDeleteLove the green and blue quilt. And your flowers are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite donation quilts to make for veterans. The bee balm is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat scrappy finish! I've enjoyed going backwards looking at what you've done recently but refrained from commenting on every one. But they are great. Especially, the Halloween one!
ReplyDeleteYay for the larger design wall!, and a perfect quilt to put it to use! Those flowers are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and fabulous four patch! Your bee balm is gorgeous and so lush. And look at that dahlia! You certainly have a green thumb, Vicki.
ReplyDelete