I am so excited to have the maple leaf quilt all done. Thursday night it went on the frame, the quilting was my Friday and some on Saturday along with getting it bound. I'm absolutely loving how it came together.
The piecing on this was done over the last two winters other than the last two borders which were in the last couple weeks. Luckily I had fabric for the backing in my stash! Not sure if that was set aside for this quilt or another, but the size worked so I went with it;) It finished at 54"x 75"
Free motion swirl hook quilting resembles the leaves blowing in the wind. The fabric for the leaves was bought as a fat quarter pack, I knew it would make great leaves when I bought it. I still have some left, not sure if enough to make another quilt should I need to. This quilt is now in my Etsy shop and I will keep my fingers crossed that it sells.
Another finish is a small one but oh so cute! It was a freebie from our generous friend Melisa . I love how she has been finishing some of her little ones, so I channeled my inner Melisa. As I was reorganizing my sewing room recently I ran across white yarn that I had twisted to look like rope. It resembles some trim Melisa uses for her little stitchings. Thank you Melisa for cute designs and ideas!
Hope to see you at our favorite Monday linky parties... Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings and Sew and Tell Monday.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html