Thursday, December 27, 2012

Socks for me!!

I am so happy I finally have knitted socks that fit me!!  And they only took about 35 minutes to knit the pair!!! But longer to sew them up than to knit them. OK to be fair I will tell you that I used my knitting machine :-) I have tried in years past to knit them and just didn't get the right gauge so that they fit nice. I used 2 different yarns together this time and finally got the gauge/fit that I needed and boy are my toes toasty now!!  I used  one strand Tamm varsity and one strand of a 2/24 for these heather blue pair. Yesterday I tried one strand of Phentex sport yarn and that also worked up the same. So far I have 5 pair done, wonder what color I should do next!!  I am thinking I should whip up some for donations.  I am also crocheting in the evening some baby booties which I will post about one of these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html