Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter wall hanging





I just finished my new winter wall hanging. After redecorating our living room and attached foyer 2 years ago I really needed a new wall hanging to go into the seasonal corner of the foyer. I loved the snowman one I made years ago( 20 years ago!) but it was just not the right colors anymore. So this one blends much better. It started out as a panel with 4 pic's and I choose just this one and added the borders and pinwheels to get it to the size I needed for the wall. The quilting was freehand using my Nolting Funquilter, glide thread and Hobbs 80/20 batting.  I am almost ready for Christmas except to get a couple presents bought yet. It snowed 5" yesterday and the trees are heavy white-looks like a postcard!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, this is really cute! You're so lucky to have 5" of snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the quilting. Looks like little swirls of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the pinwheels - I'm a sucker for them. So lovely - it will be fun to pull this out every year during the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html