Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Fall finish

Here is the scarecrow I was stenciling the leaves on a couple weeks ago using the Tsukineko inks, I am pleased with how they came out. The picture doesn't do them justice, IMHO, they have a suttle sparkle to them. So the scarecrow is a preprinted panel that is kinda old, it is one of those door panels that you layer with batting and backing and sew around, cut out and slap on the door, LOL. I got it for $1 at a garage sale and thought I can spruce him up a bit by adding borders etc. 
His background was pure white with candycorns and I used a little tan Rit Dye and am much happier with that color background. Then you know how we all scold ourselves from time to time about our large stash of fabrics? Well in this case it was soooo nice to go in the stash and have just the right color of grey that matches his pants for the little border and not have to go out shopping. Plus I had the right tanish for the chekerboard border which I quilted Terry Twist in. His pants and shirt were the most fun to quilt, I added straight quilting lines to his pants, and followed the checks in his shirt, and gave the pumpkins some lines. Then came those leaf blocks-I stitched around them and then the echoing began. Did I mention how fun this was to create!!


Hope everyone is having a good summer! And squeezing in some time for quilting!!
Linking up for WIP at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is so great! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute!! And absolutely lovely quilting. Thanks for sharing.
    Jean in MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I really like the scarecrow!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ <a href="http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/08/submarine-sunday-43.html>Submarine Sunday Link Party</a>

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html