This bird panel was purchased last summer while on vacation in Pennsylvania and I have been staring at it wondering how I could take it apart. I tried coming up with different settings in my mind and in EQ and so far nothing really grabbed me. I knew I wanted to only use 4-6 of the birds to keep it a usable wall hanging size. The panel is twice the birds you see here, so there will be more bird quilts in the future!
Last week I decided to give Google image search one more try and this is what I came up with. I think it is the perfect setting, imagine sitting in your house looking out the window at birds in your trees-pretty normal nature! And once again the google search inspired me, this time with beautiful Attic Window quilts.
This was my first shot ever at Attic Windows and I have not done a lot of Y seams but I pulled it off on my first try! I went slowly with each Y and it came out the first time-I'm very happy with it's look! I found the perfect fabrics in my stash to compliment the colors in the panel-gotta love a large stash of fabric, LOL
A little more progress on an UFO/WIP-it has lots of small pieces and is taking me forever but I will get there! It is the Pat Speth Star and Crown pattern.
So now onto the flower part of this post...
Doesn't it just say summer!! It is a pattern by Joined At the Hip. I pieced the background and borders, then quilted it and appliqued it after it was all quilted and bound. It makes it way easier to quilt the background that way. Hope you all have a great quilty week! And as always check out the linky parties on the left side bar for tons of inspiration :-)