Friday, May 16, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival-Mini quilt

I made a set of placemats earlier this year and we loved them so much that I decided I needed a matching wall hanging. I took one of the placemats and reproduced it as a mini quilt to hang in our 'eat in' kitchen. Of course I can't get a good picture of it hanging in the house-the lighting is just all wrong. So out on the deck it went for pic's!  The pattern for the placemat piecing is here.  It is a lot of quilting and it was sooo fun!!!




With the Blogger's quilt festival starting I thought I would enter it into the mini quilt category as it measures in at 18"x13".  I have never entered anything before so it is rather exciting!
If you would like to see all the placemats the post is here.





Be sure to check out the festival and see all the entries and lots of inspiration!!
AmysCreativeSide.com


Also joining in several linky parties this week-see my side bar for those links and check out tons of great projects that are posted each week!!

13 comments:

  1. Great practice for FMQ on there. Thanks for joining in on the FUN. I love making and showing off my quilts in this Quilt Blogger's Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has such fun quilting. Sometime I want to make a quilt showing different styles like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those place mats when you posted them and this wall hanging is the perfect addition!! LOVE the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! The quilting is so great in this and in your placemats, too!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilting! Love all the different motifs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilting - really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking for a project to practice FMQ. Your placemats are lovely, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilting! Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html