Monday, August 18, 2014

Hexie's and flying geese...

After seeing a couple ideas online I combined them and came up with this in EQ7. A fun winter table runner-who can resist snowmen!!  It measures in at 18 x 44.  I would love to put some star and snowflake buttons on it but just not sure if people would want buttons on it if they plan to set stuff on it.

Keeping this post short as I am getting ready for a friend to come sew today :-)   Hope you are all having a great quilty day too!

Pulling up this post for Val's Tuesday Archives on flying geese.






















I was in such a hurry on monday when I posted I forgot to mention that I am linking this to Linky Tuesday and Let's Bee Social-see the links on my left side bar. And go meet some new and see some old friends!

12 comments:

  1. That is brilliant. Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv that you are using EQ7. I have the software but drag me feet in using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Be sure to stop by and reshare this under our Flying Geese the next week (Aug. 26th)at TUesday ARchives Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that very tall snowman! Will be a fun table runner or come winter season! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Nice design, what a clever way of using flying geese and hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! What about using the 'tacking stitch' that's what I call it LOL on your machine for the buttons? Would leave a nice clean stitch. On the other hand, the buttons could be 'worked around' if they weren't really big. Helpful aren't I? LOL Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I think a few buttons would be fine, and they're really add to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute design Vicki! I think embroidery would work better than buttons if people would be setting things on top of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant design, Vickie! Such a cute idea! I would add the buttons. They will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that?! You are so clever girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a clever and cute project. I like thee stretched tree and snowman.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html