Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Piecing and quilting away

Last week we had new windows installed in part of the house so while the guys were working away I had a great excuse to stay in my craft room after they installed that one. So I went through my tub of fabrics I have just for making purses and pulled out a bunch to cut out. I ended up cutting parts for 15 purses! I am getting ready for fall craft shows so it will be wonderful to have those ready to go. But it will take me quit a bit of time. Here you see I am in the quilting stage for the front and back of some. Then I will quilt the linings too before beginning the final assembly.  So today more quilting :-)


Then I had to satisfy my craving for piecing by cutting and seing up this simple little 36x38 baby quilt. I saw this idea here while perusing pintrest last week. While I was at Jo Ann Fabrics on Sunday I found these fat quarter prints in their clearance section for a real bargain.

Last week I also had the piecing craving so I whipped up this little quilt. It measures about the same as the one above. 

Joining  Freemotion at the River and Let's Bee social this week. I have posted their links on my left side bar. I wonder what goodies we get to see this week.  Also linking to FortWorth Fabric this week.



4 comments:

  1. What fun projects Vicki and I'm like you.....I'm craving a little fun/fast piecing today!! How neat that you are quilting so many purse pieces on your long arm.....I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your baby quilts. They are so pretty. I think I'm going to try both of these for Project Linus. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purses (and the baby quilts) are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never get enough of baby quilts.... and yours are sew sweet! Looks like you had fun piecing the day away!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html