Monday, January 15, 2018

Romance is in the air

Did the title draw you in?  I just wanted to show you the Valentine panel again now that it is all done.



















Last week it was at this stage-

















I added pink and brown tiny borders to each of the small blocks.




                                 


                                                     










                                                                                    I added a pink border to the top and right side.


















A brown border was added to the left side and bottom. 






















And here is how it looks all done!  It's listed in my Etsy shop now.  A few years ago I made one for myself and love putting it in my foyer above my treadle sewing machine.  When I saw a couple panels at a garage fabric sale 2 years ago I snatched them up.  A friend wanted one last year so I made it up for her.  And now this is the last panel.


I have been getting so many more comments lately from No-reply bloggers-if you don't hear from me you are a no reply blogger, please leave me your email if you want me to respond, I sure want to!

 Linking with Freemotion by the River and Midweek Makers

24 comments:

  1. You've done a great job jazzing up the panel!The quilting is so pretty and adds so much your panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling this one will not hang out in your Etsy shop for too long. Those borders and the fun quilting, it will be a great way for someone to say I love you to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wall hanging is so cute. Another great job using a panel! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki,
    So nice with the blocks in the corners and opposing colors too! This looks really nice and of course your quilting is spot on. One would never suspect this started as a panel. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt, Vicki! I agree with Tish, this one will be gone quickly I think. I can see this hanging in your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it is Chocolate and Cherries that I see it must be Valentine's Day. It is adorable and oh so sweet. Love your quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable! I love all of the different quilting motifs you used -- I just love those feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even the simplest of panels just come alive when they are quilted! I love the quilting you did on this one. Just curious if you did the other two panels the same way and if you didn't, do you have pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sweet one, Vicki! Your creativity with the little blocks around the outside and your quilting really make it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you utilized the panel. The contrast of the 2 colors is great with the separation of the blocks. Great quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the feathers in the borders! You did a great job getting them around the corners gracefully. That's not easy!! I'm sure someone will snap this right out of your Etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always make the most of panels and this one is a true beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Testing your comment moderation set up...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love what you did with the panel, you are so creative and the quilting sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Which a lovely work you have done with the panel and the quilting are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The addition of the little blocks in the corners really makes this - great work! Thank you so much for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work. I can't believe Valentine's day is just right around the corner. Thank you for the giveaway also

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute - Super sweet!!! mumbird3(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your Quilt!! Perfect for Valentine's Day for sure!! Thank you for sharing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! Lovely to see this all done--saw you working your magic on the design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty quilt. I love the design and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Vicki, the colors and design really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can feel the love in your wall hanging. The quilting is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this looks great! funny I didn't read the first time that it was a panel! your quilting makes it stand out more!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html