Friday, January 25, 2019

My quilt is 'getting away' with Island Batik!

Hooray today is my day on the Get Away Island Batik blog hop!  Welcome old and new friends, grab a cup off coffee and feel free to look around my blog.  The blog hop started January 7th and goes through February 2nd.  The collections we are using were released at Fall Market. You still have time to visit them all:)

Being an Island Batik Ambassador is just the most awesome job ever...oh wait it is not a job because I love it so much;)  Working with these wonderful fabrics, OMG the colors, the feel of the fabric, it's just all fantastic.












This collection is called Brookview. Doesn't it remind you of water in a stream and wildflowers growing all around? You should be able to find this collection in your stores now, if not ask for it!
 

 I used most of the 20 different fabrics, I wanted lots of color is this quilt so I stayed away from the 2-3 light colors.  It was so much fun arranging all the colors.


My 7 year old Grandson helped with the arranging and cutting my blocks apart after I chain pieced them. 

Here I am pressing my blocks using my wool mat from Precision Quilting.



 I used a Villa Rosa pattern called Tuscan Sun for piecing this lap quilt. I met the designer yesterday and shared a picture of my quilt, she is such a sweetie!  My quilt is 56" x 70". 


I had fun taking some photo's while my quilt was on it's Getaway!









Thank you to Island Batik for providing the fabric for this project. Also provided for us was Hobbs batting and Aurifil thread.  I quilted a freehand allover design of paisley swirl that Jasmine taught me.

Be sure to visit all the other Island Batik Ambassadors to get loads of wonderful inspiration. There are giveaways involved.  Be sure to check out the Island Batik blog and sign up for their fabulous give away of 20 fat quarters also.


WEEK 1
Monday, January 7 - Crystal Ball

Tuesday, January 8  - Ditty

Wednesday, January 9 - Elk Lodge

Thursday, January 10 - Feline Fine

Friday, January 11 - Flea Market

WEEK 2
Monday, January 14 - Fortune Teller
Jennifer Fulton- The Inquiring Quilter

Tuesday, January 15  - Gypsy Rose

Wednesday, January 16 - Paisley Park

Thursday, January 17 - Soul Song

Friday, January 18 - Twilight Chic

WEEK 3
Monday, January 21 - Winter Park

Tuesday, January 22  - Bazaar

Wednesday, January 23 - Blossom

Thursday, January 24 - Boho

Friday, January 25 - Brookview

WEEK 4
Monday, January 28 - French Blue

Tuesday, January 29  - Midsummer Night

Wednesday, January 30 - Oh Deer

Thursday, January 31 - Snow Berry  

Friday, February 1-  Candy Cane Lane and Icicle
Anne Wiens- Icicle - Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Barbara Gaddy - Candy Cane Lane  -Bejeweled Quilts by Barb

Linking with  Sarah and Myra








44 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics and a beautiful quilt! I just love your scenic photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty, Vicki! Love your photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are great! Congrats on this beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt. Those fabrics are delightful.
    I was just thinking, last night as I was chain piecing, that I needed a little helper to cut the pieces apart and sort them for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely! The quilt pattern really shows off these beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! I'll say those colors and fabrics are beautiful. So rich and jewel tones are my favorite. I can just feel through the pictures how nice the fabric is. Of course the quilting is lovely too, and it really enhances the design. I would love to be wrapping up in it right now. It is SO cold here today. Your photos look fab too - love the one near the waterfall!! Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the Brookview line, what a wonderful way to showcase all the yummy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh those fabrics are lovely. your quilt is gorgeous. thanks for sharing and inspiring. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, lovely summery colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh golly, is that quilt ever pretty! I love that pattern, and it's very cool that you got to meet the designer. Your photos are great -- especially the one with the Minnesota cacti ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colors in your beautiful quilt! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree! Those colors and fabrics are just beautiful in your quilt. It's lovely!
    I'm enjoying my mat from Precision Quilting as well. So does my cat. HA! I have to keep it covered when I step away from it. She's a little too involved in my quilting process. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I just love those deep rich colors! Good choice leaving out the lights. Thanks for the closeups of the fabrics. Sometimes all we get to see on blogs are quilts hanging here and there and no closeups of the actual fabrics. (I think I've probably done that myself) Another great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and how fun that your grandson got to play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great colors - I like your paisley quilting design too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this one is luscious, Vicki! I can see why you fell in love with this line of fabric. Those colors! Something about the deep raspberry mixed with the water colors just "floats my boat" :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful quilt! Amazing colors! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt looks
    gorgeous, showcases
    the colors nicely.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Quilt is Gorgeous!! & truly reminds us of Spring & Summer comin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very very pretty..and great fabric colors...tytyty for sharing your talents. .. happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely, that design shows off the fabrics so well, and what a perfect photo setting. Brookside, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is amazing how one's choice of fabric can turn a simple pattern into something awesome. Your grandson is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous colors and your quilt goes perfectly with your desert area!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great looking quilt! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it! I also love the purse you showed us in your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How much fun is that! I love the simplicity of this quilt and have always loved Villa Rosa's patterns. The quilting is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  27. your photo backgrounds are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful quilt and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this! And great work by your helper! You are right about the collection looking like wildflowers by a stream; I hadn't thought of that until you said it. Your pictures for this are amazing!! Also, I love Villa Rosa's patterns. So cool that you could meet the designer and show her your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The colors in this collection are so beautiful! What a lovely quilt you've made. Really like that quilting pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely fabrics and a great quilt





    Lovely fabrics and a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful quilt, Vicki! I love the colours and your picture of the quilt in the tree is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a lovely quilt, and beautiful fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those are beautiful fabrics and you made a lovely quilt with them. You are so lucky to have such a handsome assistant.

    I've considered getting one of those wool mats but read someplace that they have an odor. Is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful fabrics and gorgeous quilt! Love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful photos, gorgeous grandson and a wonderful colourful quilt. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The photos of your Getaway quilt are exceptionally awesome! Oh what fun you must've had finding so many perfect spots to show it off! It really is a gorgeous piece and one you will always cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a beautiful quilt. Your quilting gave it great texture. Your photos show it off so well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html