Sunday, December 8, 2019

Welcoming pineapple

If you follow me on IG you might have seen me post this photo of a pineapple table runner while I was doing the longarm quilting.  I love doing freehand quilting that has sharp edges like the pokies on real pineapples in the center of the runner.  The yellow border treatment is what I call pineapple leaves, so much fun and pretty quick to do. 


 The inspiration for the runner was from all the pineapple blocks on Pinterest.



I used my Accuquilt HST finished 2" die and the finished 2" square die to quickly cut the pineapple blocks from scraps of yellow/gold and green. 



A close up of how I quilted the pineapple and leaves. 


My customer was thrilled when I sent her a photo of the finished runner on Friday. Her hubby said to thank me for making his shopping easy this year!  

Last weekend the grandsons came over to help decorate our tree.  There isn't much to it as it is a pre-lit one, but they had fun deciding which ornaments go where.  You can see they thought several needed to go on the very bottom, haha. I am just glad it is up.  


And this weekend I got in the mood to make our Christmas cards, I have a good start.  I have made our cards for many years.  It is such fun and a relaxing thing for me to do.  However, I used to make many different designs each year.  This year they are going to be all one design.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the stockings. A punch to make the green loopy garland. The cuddlebug did the embossing on the white paper.  Just like in my quilting, there is assembly line making happening:)   Things go so much faster that way instead of one card at a time. 


Thanks for taking a peek at my projects.  I hope that you will follow along on IG to see what else I might be making;)

Linking with Oh Scrap!










16 comments:

  1. That will be a perfect table runner when it's time to purge all the red and green after December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pineapple runner and the quilting is great! I didn't know you make your cards for Christmas; I'm impressed. I'm thinking about maybe doing letters - how's that for being indecisive at this time of year??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pineapple runner is nice. I agree with Vicki W that it is perfect for after christmas decor. And handmade cards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun projects for December! Your quilting is perfect for this beautiful pineapple. I used to make cards using my rubber stamps...and then I discovered quilting and can't seem to get back into it. Your cards are lovely and will bring good cheer. Will see you on IG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful table runner - I like all the fruits I have been seeing out in quiltland

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect - pineapples are always used in Xmas in some areas of the southeast coastal states

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pineapple runner is amazing and the quilting fits it perfectly. But your cards are adorable!! You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great runner and quilting...I may be making some pineapples soon for a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that big burst of yellow sunshine on the pineapple quilt! I have trouble doing pointy FMQ...my brain gets confused about which way to go after the pokey part. More practice is necessary, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great table runner! I love the yellows. Your cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pineapple blocks work perfectly for a tablerunner! That really is a great way to show your hubby what you want - she was smart! Love your tree, and how fun to have the grands come over and help. I need to work on cards, too - maybe this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki! Oh, now this is cute. Cute, cute, CUTE. I love pineapples but that black and white houndstooth print is just perfect with them. Of course, I love the closeup shots of your quilting ideas. I can easily see why your customer was thrilled! I would be too. Your tree looks so pretty - I think we're going to put ours up tonight. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a wonderful selection of table runners that you offer. I really like those pieced pineapples. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love those pineapples! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's just something about pineapples! I like how you did the quilting. And those cards! How sweet! At first I thought the white was quilted fabric, so it's perfect for a greeting from a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pineapple runner. I made one for my boss and one for me. I also found a strawberry pattern and will make one for me too. A fun project

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html