Thursday, April 9, 2020

Patriotic Hunter Star

I was in the mood to make something with my mound of patriotic fabrics.  Of course one thinks of stars and flags when talking patriotic. So I put on my thinking cap, well actually I went back through some old photos to see what I made a few years back.  Bingo I saw a hunter star runner I made in Christmas fabrics way back then.

I pulled out the border fabric first, with fireworks and firecrackers that works. Then some red and blue to coordinate and finally the background white with stars in red, blue and a twinkle of silver.  I hunted up my Rapid Fire Hunter Star ruler by Deb Tucker and got busy cutting.  With nose to the grindstone it wasn't long before it was pieced yesterday afternoon.


And this morning I got right to quilting it.  I used the same quilting design that I had used on the Christmas one so it was easy to quilt.  The only thing I was thinking about was I able to quilt the interior with one start and one stop.  YES it was possible and yes I did it!  And with minimal backtracking in just a few places. 


All of the stitching was done with rulers.  I used a blue Glide thread throughout, except to change to red to SID the red skinny border. 


After a quick stop for lunch I got it bound, photographed and listed in my Etsy shop.  




12 comments:

  1. That is a pretty runner. I'll bet it won't stay in your shop long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The stars look three dimensional with the dark blue quilting lines. Super finish, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki! All your fabric choices coordinate so well with each other. I really love that low-volume background fabric. Thanks for the closeup shots of your quilting! I imagine this will sell quickly in your Etsy shop. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, fun finish, Vicki! Love your quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your runner, especially the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it!! the quilting is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! That fireworks fabric on the edges is fun. Quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty. You are even early for the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki....there you go again with another great runner!! The fabrics...the colors...the design...AND the quilting....super great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual Vicki, you are ahead of the curve. Looks like you are ready for the 4th of July with this lovely patriotic project. Sending hugs from afar. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another pretty one. You've been making the prettiest things.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html