Tuesday, April 7, 2020

To Do Tuesday #12

What a week it has been!  The goal I set for this week was to work on two quilts. Want to see how I did on that goal?

1. I wanted to make more blocks to go with these-  DONE


I planned on making the reverse of each block. I was like the energizer bunny, I just kept going and going and before long I had enough for a lap size quilt. They are now sewn into columns.  This will be a donation quilt for Hands2Help hosted by Sarah at Confessions Of a Fabric Addict.


2. To work on a lap quilt using this strip pack- DONE

This strip pack became this quilt top.  I showed you a pile of trimmings HERE.  Those were what I had to cut off each and every strip in this pack.  They were more like 2.75" strips.  Not going to work. So they all were trimmed to the correct size of 2.5".  What a pain but worth it in the end. 

This is a pattern called Simplify by Cluck Cluck Sew.  And let me tell you it was simple but oh so fun.  And so very quick.  I made mine a throw size which is 62" x 70". 

So what should my goals be for this week?  

1.  Sew the blue/yellow columns into rows for a completely pieced top. 

2. Make a sunflower table runner, I have the petals made so it needs appliquing, piecing, quilting, and binding.  

3.  Sew some 6 of the red/gray string blocks.

I feel pretty accomplished this past week, now let's hop over to HomeSewnByUs and check out everyone's progress.  Wishing you all a great week, stay sane, healthy and keep on sewing!


9 comments:

  1. Have eyed that pattern myself--love your quilt! (I can imagine the pain of having to trim those strips!). Good luck on your to-do's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! You are on #12 already! You certainly made a dent in getting those yellow and blue blocks complete. Wow! And the quilt top from those strips is gorgeous but how annoying to have to trim the strips to work with them. It's time to start making a dent in your table runners for Fall, too, isn't it?! Thanks for linking up this week. Good luck with your to-do list. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue and yellow blocks are so pretty! And the strip quilt is a really neat design, too. That would be so frustrating to have to trim every strip, though. Your patience is admirable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! I like both of these quilts........simple and fun is good!! Lately I just want to work on fun projects! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colorful Simplify! I've made that design, too, and it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these quilts, Vicki! The grey/yellow is so cheerful and happy. Those color in Simplify - oh my! You know I love all that brightness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunflower table runner sounds fantastic -- sunflowers are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Simplify quit! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cut 2 baby quilts using jelly rolls, but I'll have to go back and re-trim them, since they are also larger than 2.5". I was trying to save time by buying jelly rolls, but now it will be more work than cutting my own strips. No time saving here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html