Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Memories #2

Here were are already to Monday Memories #2.  This week I'll share three more photos of items I used to make and sell at craft shows.  There were all made starting in the mid 90's.  

Here come the bunnies!!  Sitting bunnies, hanging bunnies, bunnies with carrots.  Oh yes I adored making bunnies back then and they were good sellers. 

Bunnies made from osnaburg fabric with a looser weave, and bunnies made from tea dyed batting. 
Bears made from plush felt, some bunnies were too.  And then we have some dolls and angels.  Boy I sure went through a lot of poly fill stuffing these guys!  Their clothes were made from homespun fabric in all colors. 


More bunnies, apples and birdhouses.  And enter some snowmen.  These birdhouse hanging decorations were made from wood.  Yes I went through a phase of loving all things made of wood and painted.  I really wanted to learn how to be good at it.  Even after inheriting my dads band saw I just never felt good at it and decided I should go back to doing what I did feel good at...sewing.   I think I chose the right path after all;)


I hope you enjoyed going down memory lane with me.  Each Monday over the next several weeks I'll show you a few more photos of what I made pre-blogging days.

What did you use to make that you might not have shown on your blog?  I'd love to hear about it. 

Today starts the 'It's Cool To Be Square' blog hop.  Join me on May 22nd when I will share my project.
    


Linking with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday

10 comments:

  1. Your bunnies are adorable! I especially like the bunnies holding the carrots. You sure were productive back then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! You did such a great job and you still do. It's no wonder you sell at craft shows. I don't think there is anything I used to make except scrapbooking. While I love to create, I'm really not that creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I remember the bunnies back then. They were definitely a thing! I'm waiting for your snowman review - I found your blog through one of your snowmen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bunnies are so cute! I never attempted any 3-D things like stuffed animals - that was my mom's superpower! I did make a few a clothes for my kids when they were little, but boys are not really much fun to sew for... Halloween costumes, though - they were fun! Amazing what you can do with sweat shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun little guys! I learned to do many crafty things back in middle school. I had separate elective classes for plastic working, leather craft, woodworking, and model building. Never did any of those again, ha ha! I also learned to sew and made a few clothes and curtains/pillow covers over the years. Always hated how the clothes turned out. I'm a 2-D gal and clothing is too 3-D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, you really made some cute things. The detail in each of those bunnies is amazing. I'm enjoying your Monday Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those stuffed animals days.... It is fun to look back at stuff we made years ago isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing us all your rabbits and other projects. I never made enough of anything to sell at a craft fair. Made clothes for my children and fun Halloween costumes. I used to knit, crochet, and other needlework before the quilting hobby took over.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html