Tuesday, September 22, 2020

To Do Tuesday #33

 Time is flying right by, we welcomed fall in today.  And it's the warmest day we have had in weeks at 80 sunny degrees!  We even managed a bike ride today, after I did some sewing.  Then I picked some apples from our tree and hubby made us an apple pie! 

On to the goals for last week...

1. Quilt two Valentine runners that I had pieced earlier this spring. DONE



2. Piece and quilt another fall leaves runner. DONE



3. Go to the fabric moving sales. DONE

The sales started at 10am and it said no early sales.  I arrived at 10:06 and there were people galore, cars lined up for two blocks on both sides of the street. Everyone had masks and we were outside.  And people were already leaving with armfuls!  We couldn't help ourselves at $2 a yard and it was nice fabric.  Here is my haul, as you can see there was lots of fall fabrics to pick from.  I was wishing for more reds for backing of holiday runners.  But at least I am stocked up for the rest of this fall and probably next fall too. That is 43 yards of fabric in these two piles! But seriously I could have bought twice that, but I put the brakes on, haha. 


So I met my goals and managed to do a few more things, one I posted about earlier today for the Hello Fall blog hop in this post.  There was enough time left to make one of my Starstruck runners. I have a tutorial for it on my tutorial page. 


And not quilting related but hubby and I made salsa for the very first time.  We used a premix of Mrs. Wages salsa mix and added tomatoes, green peppers and onions.  It is delicious!!  


Have I made you hungry talking about salsa and apple pie?  Did you want to see the apple pie too;)  The apples are from our own tree.  We might have put a little ice cream on our slices too. 


Be sure to pop over to Roseanne and Sue's blog to check up on all our blog friends goals this week for To Do Tuesday. I am linking up over there. 

OMG- wait I didn't set any goals for next week, how about make 3 table runners and maybe start a wall hanging. 

22 comments:

  1. hahaha -- forgetting the upcoming goals. But you came through with ideas really fast. Pie looks good and the salsa too. Yum to both but at different times of the day! Your heart table runners are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. tell us about the fabric moving sale/s. One person, a store, a factory? Curious minds want to know and wish she could have shopped at it. What a great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend go to one of these sales recently - except bolts! Yikes. You did well and good luck on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hubby who bakes apple pies? Wow! It does look delicious, and the salsa, too! Love your Valentine and Christmas runners, and nice fabric haul. I think you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice showing such restraint! I'm very sad I didn't get any pie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. pie and salsa you have me hungry already early this morning! More pie must be made this fall. The fabric sale looks like it was a good one - at $2 a yard I would have been buying too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stash enhancers there! Such pretty piles of fabrics. Your salsa and pie look delicious! I've been craving pie lately and may have to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your fall runner, the colors you chose and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Starstruck runner! Very useful fabrics at $2/yd! Local? Ribbon-winning pie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! HAHAHA - you almost forgot to set some new goals. That's okay - you're new to this whole list thing. Did you get the order finished for the 14 runner? I wonder what kind was ordered? It seems a bit early for V-day but it sure looks nice and just perfect for that occasion. What a fabulous haul of fabrics! I'll bet whoever they had belonged to would have been thrilled to know that the fabric is going to a good home. And so many good homes! Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Starstruck runner is so pretty. Wowza, you got some great fabrics at that sale - I should've come over! (Like I need more fabric!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Productive! You were on a roll :-) I love that Starstruck table runner. It's lovely! Enjoy that pie. How fun to use your own apples!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your table runners! They are always adorable. And that pie - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! You just wear me out reading all the things you do! Yes, I do know you probably don't do them all at once but since I'm reading it all in one blog post it seems that way. I know, I'm silly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those two Valentine runners are beautiful. As always, I love your quilting. I may have to make one of the Starstruck runners. That's a very striking star block, no pun intended. Freshly picked apples sound wonderful. I can't do the from-my-own-tree part, but now I might just need to go make some pie or crisp...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sooooo envious of your $2/yard fabric haul! What a great day to stock up on backings. You got a great selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Riding a bike, picking apples and homemade apple pie by your DH??? You live in a rom-com!!! As if that was not enough to make everyone jealous you also had to rub it in with $2/yard fabric? Forget the fall fabric - I just turned green with envy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bargains! All that fall fabric--I'd be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the hearts! Your new fabric looks like it will be fun to play with. My husband was just telling me that we needed to make some salsa. Yours sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html