Tuesday, September 29, 2020

To Do Tuesday #34

 Every Tuesday Roseanne and Sue encourage us to stay on task with making a goal list each week.  Plus it is another fun way to share with you what we work on each week;)

My goals for this week were simply stated as:

  • Make three table runners
  • Work on a wall hanging ✅
First the three table runners...
Reversed S swirl in fall colors that has been cut out for 3 weeks is pieced, quilted and bound.

This is a repeat of the ones before as when I decide to make these leaf runners I cut the fabrics for many of them so they are all identical.  In the past some of you have asked what pattern I use.  To be honest I don't know.  At this point all I have is a paper piece of the leaf and no name on it and I don't remember where I got it.

Another of my hexie snowman toppers were made.  This is from my tutorial and one of which you have seen many times so I will show the back this time;)  I used some homespun fabric that I purchased last week at the moving sale. 

 Several of you asked for more info on the sale I attended.  A while ago I saw a facebook market post that simply stated $2 a yard fabric sale and we could send our email addy to her and she would get us on a list for future info.  That sounded like I needed to be on the list and get more info on it!   Two weeks later she sent a notice of when it was being held and it was for downsizing her mom for a move out of state.  It started at 10am and I arrived at 10:10 and there were gobs of people there (all wearing masks).  There were armloads of fabric already, I wanted to be there first but I had to stop at the bank for cash.  All was good, I found plenty of fabric I could use.  See pix of what I got HERE

And the wall hanging I finished.  It is from a PatchAbilities pattern.

It was started in January 2019 when I was reviewing this little rotary cutter, tracing mat and ironing mat for Precision Quilting Tools. I use this cutter all the time for cutting out appliques, it's small size is perfect for that.  The ironing mat is great for putting over your applique when you go to iron it to your background fabric. The mat protects your iron from getting any fusible on it. 

My goals for next week are:
  • Finish another wall hanging
  • Work on two St. Patrick's table runners for an order
  • Anything else I want/have time for
For more inspiration and to list your goals for the week link up with me at To Do Tuesday



13 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! Great job on your three toppers for the week plus a wall hanging! I'm surprised that someone is already worried about St Patrick's Day and ordering table runners for it, but yay on the orders! Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy week for you with some great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on the table runners! So pretty! That snowman PatchAbilities is on I don’t have! And I have a few, I like them! Fun to do and quick to finish,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are zapping out the table runners. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have liked your curve table runner the best since I first saw it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that awesome swirl table runner! Great Fall color choices for it. Making a to-do list is a great way to get things done and checked off. I like the leaves table runner also and the wall hanging. I’m new to your blog so all of your sewing is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your runners and the fabric story is a good one...sounds like a nice solution for a mom who was moving to sell to quilters ready to rescue fabric for the right price!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Beautiful table runners...really like the snowman.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make such pretty table runners and wall-hangings! They aren't my fav to make but I need to get some made asap. I think you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snowmen wall-hanging is adorable, Vicki! Love the tall, narrow design. Do you make the swirly runners out of strip sets? They are such a neat design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, I think I remember you making a reverse S before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You come up with such cute table mats and runners. Always fun to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html