Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Strawberry fields and panel challenge

 I don't know about all of you, but I am dreaming of summer sunshine🌞 and strawberries🍓!  I bet all of you are too.  Can you just taste the yummy sweetness?  

On Saturdays, when it fits in my schedule, I join the Inquiring Quilter Facebook group for Saturday Sew In. This past Saturday was going to be 80 degrees here, perfect day for being outside. The hubby and I went for a nice bike ride in the morning and then I set to work clearing out a flowerbed in preparation for planting some posies I bought on Friday.  Later in the afternoon I started sewing this strawberry table runner.  The quilting and binding was done on Monday.  


But before I could ever start it I spent at least half of an hour searching for the zip lock baggy with leftover red squares.  Now I used to keep it right on my counter top, but back in December I got the bright idea to move things around😏.  I thought I might have put it in the closet with a bunch of other WIPS/UFO's.  I looked and looked and came up with nothing. Looked elsewhere, nothing. So I went back to the closet and started to pull out all of two shelves determined that I had put it in there. I emptied the first shelf with no luck, started on the second and bam, there it was!  The ironic part is I was only inches from it the first time😛.  I am just sure none of you have ever experienced that!

Now it's back to more red white and blue, pretty much more of ones I have already done.

Don't forget the voting polls are now open for all the panel challenge entries at Prairie Moon Quilts.  I might have entered two.  One of them is Harvest Puzzle that I blogged about HERE.  The other is this patriotic wall hanging.

The center with the flag and fireworks is the panel and I added red borders, friendship stars and outer borders of coordinating patriotic prints. Simple additions to a panel make it shine a bit. 


There are 40+ entries in the challenge, it's so fun to see what everyone came up with to make their panel unique. 



Linking up with friends at Wednesday Wait Loss,  Midweek Makers,  NTT


15 comments:

  1. I think that happens to everyone - cleaning up things and organizing in your sewing room, and then you can't find anything! Glad you found that baggy of red squares, though - the strawberries are so fun made that way. The panel looks great, too! I love the blue and white star fabric - it is perfect to go with that flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bike ride sounds so good at this time of year in the morning although I haven't ridden a bike in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we all love strawberries and look forward to strawberry season!!! I love both of your finishes! Thanks for the link to vote--I voted for your Harvest Puzzle--so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that happens to me when searching for something too, but I usually get distracted during the search when I find some fabric that calls to me. I notice you were much more focused! Saturday was a gorgeous day, I'm ready for more of those. I found it very difficult to vote on the panel challenge with all the variety and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do that too! Thinking I'm putting something in a safe and better place only forgetting where that might be! Love the strawberry runner. The border sets it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - the strawberry runner is so cute!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe strawberry table runner is the sweetest! Heading over to vote for your entries at Prairie Moon Quilts next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! I absolutely agree - I would love to have a dish of fresh strawberries warmed by the sunshine. Yum! I love your runner! Oh, that pesky bag of red squares hiding on you. I'm amazed that pulling all that stuff out didn't distract you - that's what would have happened to me. Hours later, and a new project started, I would recall that I was still supposed to be looking for the red squares. {{Hugs}} Nice job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe it's the season, but those are the most realistic quilt strawberries I've seen!! I, too, have a WIP that I absolutely cannot find, and we have even emptied the room and closet to paint and I still can't find it! It must be in with another WIP somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your strawberry runner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, hungry for those yummy strawberries. Love you version - they would make any table cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lose something in the studio? Never! (OK, that's a big fat lie!!) Both your strawberry runner and flag panel piece just sing out, "Summertime is coming soon!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool challenge! Good luck to you. Meanwhile, I'm loving the strawberry runner and looking forward to summer. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html