Friday, April 30, 2021

Harvest Puzzle

 Why do I call it Harvest Puzzle?  Well it got it's name because I put it together like a puzzle.  It all started with two panels actually.  The 'harvest' was a part of one panel and the 4 other prints were from a different panel.  After determining a size and trimming down the blocks I gather several different prints I might want to use, looking for colors that match or coordinate.   
                                            
After framing the two center blocks with black fabric, I decided they needed a black and cream checkerboard around them.  Okay now I am off to a good start. 


Or so I thought I was and then I got stumped and walked away for a few hours and then came back and decided it needed some orange that reads solid. I used a mottled orange to frame the checkerboard blocks.  And from there I decided I didn't like any of the previously chosen fabrics, they were just too busy. So I used a cream with tan polka dots to add a calming effect for the pinwheel and flying geese blocks that I pieced next.  See I told you this was a puzzle!!!  Want to see how it ends up?  Just scroll down. 


Ta da!!!  All done.  Notice the 'harvest' received matching checkerboards added.


Want to see some close ups of the quilting?  I know you do, LOL


I had tons of fun quilting this on my Nolting FunQuilter, nothing too complicated.



I am entering this into the Panel Challenge hosted by Prairie Moon Quilts.  I am so glad I was able to use up another panel!  I love working with them to make them unique. 

Also linking up with:

Off The Wall Friday

23 comments:

  1. Lovely seasonal wall-hanging and interesting way to fit together small panel units. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really turned out well. I actually have a panel piece that you might be interested in. Remind me to send you photos. I love how you pulled everything together for this - that checkerboard was key, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Vicki!!! I love the symmetry you were able to pull off using different elements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love what you do with panels because they don't even seem like panels anymore! The pinwheels, flying geese, and checkerboard borders add so much to the different panel sections. Great puzzling success, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seeing how this went together- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that!! It's certainly a puzzle that worked out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt . I love fall quilts. This one came together perfectly. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the swirling wind around the crows! And I'm curious how you traveled your stitching through the flying geese? I'm always looking for a motif that goes from goose to goose without backtracking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to incorporate those panel pieces into a quilt, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect! Your puzzle came together wonderfully. Think how nice it will be to pull this out in September for the fall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat!!! That puzzle was solved!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty and a great way to put all those little pieces into a cohesive piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Panels can sometimes be a challenge, but you have done a marvelous job with yours, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicki! Unique is definitely a great definition of where you took these two panel sections. WOW! It sure turned out great. And, yes, thank you so much for the closeup quilting photos. I do enjoy seeing them! I think I see some swirl hooks in there. What a lovely wall hanging to celebrate Fall. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the queen of creating beautiful wall hangings from panels. This one is gorgeous. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun seeing how you made the panels your own by adding the borders and other elements. Pretty finish, and you are way ahead for decorating this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Vicki. You did an amazing job of using leftover pieces, creative embellishment and good design to come up with a gorgeous quilt! You’re very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Vicki! I love that little quilt. You did a great job designing the layout and putting it all together. We ALWAYS want to see the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done! That absolutely is in "best use of a panel" category.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for linking up this great panel finish to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html