Friday, October 14, 2022

Happy Snow Day banner

 This little cutie is ready for a Happy Snow Day!  Not me though, no way it's too early for that *S* word in my neck of the woods.  But it was sure fun to work on this little wall hanging. 


The snowman is part of a panel, after squaring him up I added the gingham border. Then the polka dots and finally I had the perfect fabric for the outer panel. I might have squealed just a bit when I realized it almost matched the red plaid in his scarf!  I am telling you now, I do have a large stash and it is wonderful to be working on a project and just go to the closet, cubes or wherever to pick out the perfect fabric.  If you are asking how do I know what I should buy to go with future projects...I just buy what I think is cute! 



As I was finishing him up I had this idea of adding prairie points to depict mounds of snow, and threw in a little extra touch with the buttons.  He measures 16.5"x17.5" just right for a small wall.   



And one last peek at him in this little quilt hanger.  


I hope you are all gearing up for a great weekend. I will be attending a local longarm class on Saturday. Oh my a day away from the house with quilty peeps!!

Linking up with:

13 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet quilt, Vicki! I like the prairie points with buttons, I have done that before on some wall quilts and it really does add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is cute - I did prairie points once with buttons too and come to think of it I never made them again! I am not sure why I like them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable - especially with those little buttons holding down the prairie points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - don't be mentioning that "s" stuff here either! This might be your cutest wall-hanging from a panel yet, Vicki! Love the plaid with snowflakes for the border, and the prairie points, too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Oh, those prairie points just pushed the cuteness meter out to the galaxy. Love this and the fabric in the border is beyond perfect. LOVE it. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice indeed! We don't have snow in winter where I live, only on the tops of mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I think all your snowman making is encouraging these snowflakes we're seeing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, Vicki! And posted on our first day of snow in MN!?! Love the addition of the buttons. Who's the longarm teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! The prairie points with button are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is very happy! And snow days may be closer than I'd like to think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I thought you had pieced a fractured border. The PP really elevates this cute panel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable!!!! Hope your class was great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is just darling! The prairie points and buttons a unique and work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html