Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Weekly goals

It's Tuesday again and time to check in and let you know what I have accomplished on my goals list for the past week.

1. Quilt and bind a snowman table runner ✅


And it's backing is pieced with a fun snowman print and coordinating colors.


2. Quilt and bind a snowman wall hanging ✅  I posted about him on Sunday, you can read about it HERE.  


3. Quilt and bind a poinsettia table runner ✅



4. Start cutting red batik fabric for 8 identical table toppers ✅  Yes I did cut all the red and all the white batik and I have enough to make them without purchasing more fabric!!  I forgot to get a photo while it was still light enough so you will just have to take my word for it!  

5. Work on whatever else I have time for ✅  We picked our apples as there was freeze warnings out. 
Those bags, tub and pails are full. You see the one I am holding, it's huge!  They aren't all like that but several really nice size ones.

So we made an apple pie.  I followed the Betty Crocker cook book recipe and wished it were a bit tastier, more spices needed I think.  Do you have a favorite recipe you use for apple pie?



Also in the do whatever else category is another Starry Path table runner in fall colors was finished.  The Accuquilt die was used for this. 



For this week:
1. Finish another snowman wall hanging-or maybe even two!
2. Finish another sunflower table runner
3. Start piecing the 8 identical table toppers
4. Attend a longarm class-we are having Julia Quiltoff come do a day long class for our local longarm group
5. Prepare blog post for the Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls blog hop. My day is October 19th 
6. Whatever else I can fit in

Wishing you all a productive week!!  Be sure to check out lots of bloggers goals over at To Do Tuesday.
And visit Wednesday Wait Loss and Midweek Makers for more inspiration!



16 comments:

  1. sometimes with apple pie for something different I will use either all brown sugar or half and half. I too use a recipe from Betty Crocker but I use a spice jar labeled apple pie spices and put in an equal amount of that to what amount is listed in the cookbook. (finally back from vacation and reading blogs) your lucky to have apple trees I will need to get some or fall and pumpkins too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all your apples! We can't get high enough up in the tree to get all of them out of ours - there are still a ton left. I'm not a pie baker so don't have any advice for you on that. Love all your runners - you're finding some fun backings for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowman and what a yummy looking pie. I use cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in my pie. I also think cardamon might be nice....maybe look up apple pie spice recipe and see what is out there. I tend to pull up a bunch of recipes on line and then get a combination that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting all 8 cut without needing more fabric (but boo - no emergency fabric shopping trip - LOL). Those apples look so good! I don't have a pie recipe, but I do have a good apple crisp recipe. You've made such fun quilts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such beautiful runners as usual! Jealous of the apples! Wow! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The apples look delicious! The runners are gorgeous, and you hit so many goals last week. Best of luck doing the same this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome apple harvest. I don't bake very often anymore - mainly because we both don't need the calories. But I do usually make an apple tart once in awhile. I use a single pie crust - and put a basic apple pie filling recipe in the middle. Then fold the edges up around it but not covering it. A bit of egg wash and a sprinkling of sugar before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! Oh, that last runner backing fabric looks like donuts to me. It makes me hungry. HAHA! I love the hexagon runner - those have always been my favorite and the inspiration for me. Holy moly - that's a lot of apples. I usually make apple crisp - I remember it fondly from my childhood. Good luck with this week's list. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very productive week as usual! I love all your work but if I had to pick one this week it would be that adorable snowman table topper. So cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy busy busy, making all sorts of nice and festive pieces. I'm sooo ready for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous Christmas projects, Vicki. Yes the time is coming quickly. That apple harvest is marvelous. I make crisps/crumbles with apples these days...seems easier not doing pie crust. Happy Sewing from me dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gah that snowman table runner is adorable front AND back! You have the cutest snowmen on the planet. Those apples look great. My fave apple pie recipe is the one I recently posted - it's in my coin purse post. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hexagon table toppers. I have an orange and gray Halloween one on my table now. And the Dresden poinsettia is beautiful. I may have to copy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not as a table topper, but as Christmas pillow. I made a yellow one earlier this year that I love.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html