Sunday, October 9, 2022

SNOW

Each time I make my snowman table runners it seems there are leftover bits and pieces.  They add up over time, so in order to reduce them a little I made this cute wall hanging.  At 13" x 22" he can fit almost anywhere!  

Even with the help of magnets he can hang on a door. He looks pretty good on a red door!


I used the Accuquilt 2" alphabet die to cut the letters out of felt. They were appliqued on after quilting, I used the straight stitch on my sewing machine to go around each letter.  I thought it would take a while to do but I was wrong and they were soon attached.  


The faces were fused onto the leftover black/white polka dot rectangles and blanket stitched down before quilting. 


Triangle corners are added to the back to insert a small dowel rod into for easy hanging on the wall.  I am sure none of us are ready for snow yet, but that doesn't stop me from making snowman things.  


This little guy is on his way to Alaska!  Where he will be joined with this one that I made last year.

Linking up with these fun and inspiring linky parties: 

Oh Scrap!

Design Wall Monday

Sew and Tell

16 comments:

  1. My favorite snow men are quilted! Cute wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if that isn't the cutest! I love it, and it looks great on your red door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those little guys cute?! I love the black with white dots for the background. You have the most fun ideas, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My snowman-loving heart smiles at this! What a cute mini for a door! I almost thought those polka dots were mini pompoms. They look so much like snowballs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! This is so darn cute and it will compliment last year's piece quite nicely. I don't even mind seeing the bad "s" word yet since it still seems to be quite a few weeks away. I hope! Nice job. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute. Great use of the alphabet die...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that little hanging has found a lovely new home. Hooray for another adorable wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you don't have the real snow yet!?! Super cute wall hanging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two more adorable snowmen pieces. The magnet hangers are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another adorable snowman wallhanging and what a surprise to find out he's the little brother of the one in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and an excellent use of those scraps. I always love hearing how you appliqué your projects.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html