Monday, July 30, 2012

Another modern style runner

I got the inspiration for this runner from the Quilting Modern book from Jackie Gering. Pieced it and quilted it last week and just put the binding on today. We were away for the weekend attending a family wedding and then yardwork and housework kinda got in the way to do more sewing today. My poor hubby took a vacation day today and our hotwater heater gave out so he is researching them today, not much fun for a vacation day but thank goodness he was home to prevent a big mess that might have occured had he not been here to look at it.

But back to the runner, I used glide thread and a ruler to make all those straight lines, it actually went quite fast considering all the starts and stops. The border design is one from Angela Walters book. I love how it came out.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out cute! The quilting does look like it took forever, but it looks great! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html