Monday, September 24, 2012

Feelin' kinda bummed

Yeah I am feeling kinda bummed out. Last week I got notified that one of my best craft shows that I vend at is canceled, it was to open in less than 4 weeks!! I was shocked, stunned, mad, sad, angry and I could go on and on but I won't. After talking it all over with the hubbs he encouraged me to just have my own craft sale in our garage, which I have done in the past, but wasn't planning on this year. So I am doing just that in like 10 days from now!!  We cleaned the garage all up over the weekend and next weekend I will bring up all my setup equipment and get it in place. When life hands you lemons make lemonade!!  Our son in law even said I could do a sale in their garage too. The plus side of doing your own sale is you get all the profit instead of handing over a commission :-)


I was so upset that it was very hard to make myself go in the sewing room and get things done, but I am slowly working at it now. I managed to get most of these 2 styles of snowmen done before I got the notice. The patterns are from Country Friends, she makes the cutest patterns! I made 16 of the snowmen heads and 21 of the taller snowmen.

2 comments:

  1. Look for another venue? Your work is way too nice and needs to be seen! I wish you well. Do you have an Etsy site set up?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html