Monday, January 14, 2013

I've been busy

OMG I didn't realize I hadn't blogged this year yet! I have been busy making things but I have not finished a lot yet. Finished as in the quilts are not quilted yet, and I always like to show them all quilted. I usually spend a good part of January and February piecing and then do the quilting, however today I will be doing a bit of quilting on my longarm. I have 2 tops that I pieced for a local fabric store that I want to get finished and to them soon.
First up I took this panel
and made it into this. By cutting it all apart and adding some sashings and a nice border I think it is so much cuter than the way it was.
And I was busy knitting these socks for Shirley-thanks for the order Shirley! 

6 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your knitting. And that you have such a wonderful relationship with your knitting machine(s)! Your work is beautiful!

    Cute quilt, too!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that panel looks much better with the borders and a different layout! Good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you did with that panel. and am loving the colors of my socks......come on package.....yum, yum. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout! And gosh those socks are pretty. I've never worn "homemade" ones. Are they better than store bought?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute quilt and I like the way you made changes to the panel! Great socks too! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html