Monday, July 21, 2014

Modern runner

I almost feel like I have been MIA for a couple weeks, well in blog land I have been. But I have been truly busy, not lots of quilting sadly. We are replacing 12 windows so I had to stain and varnish all 12 by myself last week, what a chore-I really hated doing it.



 So this runner was finished before that and I just didn't get it posted. The pattern is from Mountain Peak Creations, what a fun one to piece and quilt.

And this star runner I saw on Deb Tucker's You Tube video-I think she called it Banded Lemoyne Star. I have several longarm rulers that I sometimes forget to use so I dug out my Deloa Jones cable for the border.


And the wild black raspberries are ripe-oh so yummy! I do admit I feel a little like Laura Ingalls Wilder on Little House on the Prairie out pickin' my berries! But they make oh so delicious smoothies :-)
 

And I will leave you with a pic I snapped during a little R & R today while kayaking...

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful runners and I love how you've quilted both of them, but specially what you did in the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the different quilting in each block of your modern runner! Where do you kayak? Are you still on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that modern runner. I need one for the island in the kitchen and this just might do it. I'm with you, staining and varnishing windows is the worst. All the little corners and angles, yuck. Good thing it only has to happen a couple of times in a life time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome runners. The star is my favorite, but I love how you quilted the modern one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html