Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What I worked on yesterday

And it was truly start to finish in one day, from picking out the fabrics to finishing the binding. Of courseIi had a little fun with the quilting. I was at Sue Dario's blog yesterday and she inspired me to put the oval feather wreath in the diamonds. I used an  amazing arc from Renae Haddidin to stitch around for the oval, using my longarm. This type of feather I call lettuce leaf feather, a very easy, fun and forgiving feather as there is no backtracking.



You use Cheryl Phillips Squedge 30 ruler to cut squedges from strip sets. Then cut a few from a solid piece of background fabric for the 4 diamonds. This is really an easy topper to do even though it might look complicated. The pattern comes with the ruler.



I just had to throw in this pic of my Gerbera Daisies. I have never had this many blooms on at one time-8 of them.  And one more opened since I took this pic this weekend.

Joining in Freemotion Quilting and Sew Fresh Quilts linky parties this week. See side bar for links and go enjoy some eye candy-there's always lots to see!



9 comments:

  1. It is a lovely topper! How do you like the Squedge Ruler? I keep debating whether or not I should get one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful table topper, and I love that feather design you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your quilting on this one!! And the colors. . . well it's just beautiful!! And those Gerbera Daisies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful quilting Vicki and what a neat quilt pattern! I have several of their rulers.....I'll have to see if I have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww that's awesome. Now I'm off to see if I can buy that ruler here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilting and design! Love the beautiful daisy color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love your lettuce feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous table topper! Your quilting is just incredible, Vicki. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html