Friday, February 13, 2015

It's Friday and I have a finish!!

     Well I might have finished it yesterday, hehe. This is the quilt I was working on for WIP Wedensday. It was so fun to quilt it up. I just couldn't help doing some custom on it. I am not that happy with the orange borders but it still passes for a donation quilty hug for a little baby.

    In case there are some new people checking this out, I am a long armer with a Nolting 17" machine on a Nolting frame. A great combination for me!  I have an extended base on which allows me to do ruler work easily. I used Deloa Jones's Castle ruler for all my straight line stitching, freehanded the circles and double hook swirl. Curvy rulers were used for the stitching in the orange sashings and border. Glide thread in white and lime green, and Signature orange thread were used on this 36" sq. quilt.



   
 The pink and green were leftover parts from this X Block quilt.  You can see the in progress of how I utilized the leftovers here.
 I love the striped binding, I had won it late last year and I can't find the paper who says it is from. If it was from you please tell me!!  It was 4 fat quarters of stripes, pink, orange, blue and green ones. I love them for bindings and there was just the right amount for these size quilts.

Linking up with Creative Goodness and Fabric Frenzy.

7 comments:

  1. Great little quilt Vicki. Love how you have quilted this. What is it about the orange borders you are not happy with? Would you have chosen a different design? I too have a fun quilter and love the inspiration I get from others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling! I love the custom quilting and the striped binding. The double hook swirl. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the bright colors! Sherbert is what comes to mind and it reminds me of summer time. Your quilting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun bright quilt and your quilting is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is just so much fun!! Love that double hook swirl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful quilt and gorgeous free-motion quilting.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html