Monday, March 23, 2015

ALYOF-March goal met

  It is time to post my finished quilt for ALYOF, I met my March goal. My quilt is from a pattern by http://sewkindofwonderful.com/ called Urban Abacus. I had pieced the quilt sometime last year and it has been in the 'to be quilted' closet since just waiting for some attention.  It is now residing in our master bedroom on this quilt hanger that my dad made for me many many years ago. The quilt turned out just how I imagined it, I am so very pleased with it :-)
  My Nolting FunQuilter helped me do all the quilting. The batting is a layer of Hobbs 80/20 with a layer of their 4 oz poly batting on top of that. Why did I do 2 layers of batting you may ask. Do you see the definition of the quilting-that is what happens when you do the 2 layers of batting, I love that for this quilt.  I personally would not do this for a bed quilt or snuggly quilt as it does give it body(stiffer) which does not give a snuggle feel, but for a quilt that will hang-oooh lala!!  Glide thread in Prickly Pear was used throughout the top, with an unknown for the bobbin. Which brings me to the back of the quilt-wow do I love it as much as the front-oh yes!



Some ruler work with stitch regulator on for the echo of the ( ) and the straight line in the mint strips. Freehand wishbones in the ( ) and the small stipple in the yellow without the stitch regulator. It was so much fun to quilt!


I think I will call it my parenthesis quilt~
It goes perfectly with our bedroom walls, which are a pretty mint green although you can't tell it by the picture. I just couldn't get it to show up naturally.


Thank you all for stopping in and taking a peek, and if you leave a comment I do respond to each and everyone that is not a no reply blogger. If you don't hear from me check to see as I would love to respond to your comments as they are very much appreciated
Linking with...

My Button
Patchwork Times
Freemotion by the River
Fabric Tuesday
Let's Bee Social


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Vicki, just beautiful. Love your fabric colors and quilting. I have the ruler and some patterns that will be made sometime, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!! that is such perfect quilting for this one. I love the definition of the edges and poles that combine them. Then the stippling and ribbon candy to push the back ground right where it needs to be. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Your quilting is gorgeous, and I love seeing it on display. :) I have plans to make one of these very soon. Hopefully in the next month before my sister's birthday. Do you think it would be possible to widen the parentheses so they are a little more circular with less columns? I want mine to look more like lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH this is gorgeous! Love your fabric and your quilting is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting on this top is really great! I have a different pattern of theirs done and awaiting quilting...yours has inspired me and I love the double batting look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilting you should be very proud of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never seen a quilt like this before grats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this one of the patterns that uses the Quick Curve Ruler? I have one, but haven't used it (yet). Yikes! Your quilt is GORGEOUS - and stunning FMQ as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This design and your quilting are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow is that beautiful Vicki! The double batting really does add dimension and thanks for the tip that you wouldn't use it for a bed quilt. I was thinking it would be extra warm....didn't think of the stiffness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous quilt - I absolutely love the quilting you did - it really added to the piece. You should get a pat on the back for this one...:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The quilting has really dressed up this design and makes it shine! Looks fabulous hanging on display!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I love the Quick Curve Ruler and Sew Kind of Wonderful patterns. Looks like you do too. You've got me curious about the Nolting FunQuilter - there is a dealer near me, I might have to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful Vicki. I love the effect you got from using two layers of batting. I currently have a Metro Rings quilt, also from SewKindOfWonderful on my frame, but it's not going to look anything like as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html