Saturday, March 2, 2019

Just because I can...

I started a new quilt, it's Squirrel Time! Late last year there was a sale on some pretty jelly rolls at Jelly Roll Fabric,  I just couldn't resist, I mean at $10 for a jr. jelly roll who could!  I bought two of them.



Also a few months ago, I won 2 digital patterns from Meadow Mist Designs.  For one of them, I chose On a Jelly Roll.  Sunday night I cut the print jelly roll into the required sizes. Monday night it was time to cut the white background pieces. You get the picture, each night this week I was able to get in sewing of the blocks.


I now have a finished flimsy!  Since I have never cared about square quilts, unless they are on my wall, I decided to put one less row on the side and instead put it on the bottom of the quilt. At 50 x 70 I like it much better, just a personal preference. Since I am choosing to quilt this later on, it's on to the next project.  Perhaps it is time to piece some table runners, we'll see! 


Are you planning on some quilting time this weekend , what project are you working on?



18 comments:

  1. Nice quilt top. Cutting is my least favorite part. I'm playing catch up with a couple projects. Hard to do in the evenings. This is my 'break' time. Guess I'd better go get more stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, and so cheerful looking! I just finished the quilting on a super scrappy lap quilt, now on to the binding. I love having a weekend where I have lots of sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute quilt - I'm one that prefers square quilts - on the wall and off - but I know a lot prefer rectangle - I like a lot of overhang on the bed and I think that is why I like them a little wider

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun springtime colors to see on this dreary wants-to-be-snowing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I like this pattern since I recently made one myself. Yours is cute in that jelly roll you purchased so frugally. I know I would have purchased more than 2! I think you showed restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a springtime quilt, perfect for these cold Minnesota days. I love it, of course, with its bright and cheery colors. So glad you are sneaking in some sewing each day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! What a pretty quilt top. That is enough to push any winter thoughts away and send us firmly into Spring. If only it would send some warmer air our way. It sure is purdy! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy squirrel! So bright and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute quilt. You selected some nice jelly rolls and what a great win in the patterns. It all worked out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow $10 a roll??? How did I miss that one? This flimsy is a cutie patootie. Love those springy colors. I'm so ready for spring. My latest project is a Sarah Fielke block of the month that has applique in it. I have never done needle turn applique before but the incredible design of this quilt sucked me in. I am DOING this! I've tried talking myself out of it several times, but I'm going to persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are pretty colors, and so nice you got them on sale, and with a won pattern, this quilt is already pretty lucky all the way round.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabrics and pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so pretty, Vicki! I love all the color and it looks like it went together quickly! I've never been on that Jelly Roll site - will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors in this! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute, Vicki! I love that you made it rectangular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am totally with you on the square v. rectangle quilts! I can't wrap my head around using a square lap quilt...my body is rectangle...
    Your jelly roll quilt is beautifully bright and fun! And rectangle!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html