Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sailing away

Here is a little project I started yesterday, a sailboat block for an H2H donation quilt.
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is heading up the H2H or Hands2Help 2019 again.  This has been a very successful program to send quilts to those in need of some comfort.  You can read about it on Sarah's blog.  This will be my 3rd year of making a few quilts to donate.  

You heard me talk about being an Island Batik Ambassador, and how this year they partnered with Accuquilt.  Which meant we all got a Go Ultimate fabric cutting system.  It included the machine with the 8" cube, a book of block designs and the 2.5" strip cutting die also.   I wanted to play with using the machine and dies before doing an Island batik project next month.  So I decided to try it out on this sailboat block.  

I love that the dies cut off the dog ears!  And talk about accuracy, go back up to my first photo and see how my points all line up perfectly!


Linking with  Beth and Becca


13 comments:

  1. Good Morning Vicki! Oh, this looks like a fun project. I have made a few sailboat quilts and really enjoy them. I can see that the Go system would really make these HSTs easier and spot on accurate. I look forward to seeing the finished result! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that little sailboat block is just the cutest! I really like your color choices. A friend of mine made a baby quilt with that block and it's so adorable. What a great tool to have in your toolbox - the accuquilt makes quick work of the cutting process. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Beth, those fabric colors are so fun. Makes such a bright and cheerful block; can't wait to see the finished quilt. I'm completely jealous of your die cutter. Might as well admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! You'll never go back to the old way of cutting those triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous block! I've been having fun using the Go cutter for HSTs, too. Can't wait to see your April project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that sailboat block into a baby quilt years ago - it turned out really well, love the colors you are using

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these sailboat blocks are so cute. I made a few for someone in our Bee group who is gathering them for a charity as well. They were fun to make! Your points are very "pointy"! :) How big are you going to make this one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how cute. I just did a design for a sailboat block for an upcoming quilt along. Must be that we both are dreaming of weather warm enough for a boat ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sailboat is so cute in the dots! And yes - super cool having the dogears cut off right from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blue fabric for the water in the sailboat block, I just put into an applique block. I am doing the Hen Party BOM and that fabric is one of my chickens! I don't have a die machine, but do have a ruler that cuts off the dog ear points, so it just takes me longer to cut with the ruler. Such a cheerful block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun boat! I have had an accuquilt for a few years and I love it!!!! The no dog ears on HST may be the best part!!! Looking forward to seeing your boats sail off into the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling block! I still need to try my mom's cutter. If only there were more hours...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html