Saturday, April 6, 2019

Second UFO finish for the year.

Two needs brought me to finish up this little quilt today.  I need more closet space, so that means finishing up some UFO's and this was definitely a UFO.  I'm guessing it to be at least two years since I pieced it.  It is from Jayne's tutorial for a wonky charm block.  The second and more important need to get this finished is to be able to give it to someone in need of a quilty hug while they are going through a tough time.

This will be my second finish for H2H 2019.  I was glad that Sarah didn't ask for the # of quilts we will donate, but I am going to try to finish up a few more UFO's meant for this worthy cause.


Sorry about the poor quality of these pictures, but it was so overcast and everything outside is wet and dirty looking(melting snow). 


Some freehand loops is all that was needed to keep this quilt soft and squishy!  I still had some pretty fleece leftover from the last quilt so I used that on the back.  A lightweight poly batting is used in between the layers.  And to finish it off a purple dotted binding from my stash. 


I absolutely love the texture the fleece gets from the quilting process. 

Linking with 
Tish's UFO Busting party. 




13 comments:

  1. This is cute! I know it will be loved. Keep up the good work on that closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt that will definitely comfort someone, Vicky! I love the wonky blocks and all the pretty color. I need to get to work on my H2H quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This finish is adorable! It sure will give a warm quilty hug to someone in need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, it looks like candy! Little dancing pieces of sweetness. A small person is going to just adore this quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki! Oh my, I love this finish. Another one coming out of the closet, and what a nice {{hug}} it will give someone. Makes me wonder how many others you found in that closet?!! I can't wait to see. I'll have to check out Jayne's tutorial - this looks like a fun one to make. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never! This is a happy little quilt that will make anyone happy! I've thought about making another one myself..I'll go check out my own tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is so bright and cheery! It is sure to brighten the day of someone in need of a little extra love <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a bright, happy quilt. Love the movement from the wonky blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful way to use up those UFO's for a great cause. I love the backing fabric. Those little squiggles and swirls quilting were perfect for the square blocks. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow~! I loved this top and then surprise...the backing! How cool is that? I love the fleece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable quilt. I think your fleece backing will make this quilt so snuggley.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html