Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I finally picked this months OMG

It is really hard to pick just one project for One Monthly Goal, OMG.  There are always tons of things on my list to work on and I usually just decide the night before what I will work on the next day.  Now there are times that I don't want to do that project when I wake up and well that is okay as long as I don't have a deadline! 

For the month of June I did decide I wanted to work on getting all the parts together for 10 turkey table runners.  Now that is a whole lot of feathers!!  There are 10 dresden blades per turkey and 2 turkey's per table runner and 10 runners translates into 200 feathers!!  This is only part of them.  So for June I will make the rest of them and assemble into groups of 10 each.  And I hope to glue at least 10 turkey's onto 5 table runners and add their bodies.  Elmer is my friend again, I glue the peaks of the dresdens to my background fabric, and applique them down while quilting on my longarm. 


And this one is from a batch of turkey runners I made last year.  So the new ones will resemble this in the end.



12 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! That is an ambitious goal but you've got this with one arm behind your back. If you put your mind to it, you could have them finished in one week, but then what would you do with yourself the rest of the month?!! I think this runner is one of my absolute favorites, at least until I start seeing the snowmen with their cute faces. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the time I'm typing this, you probably have them all done! Haha. Good goal for June, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors, great goal for June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing, Vicki! I wish I could watch you through this process, because it sounds like fun ... for one or two. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten how cute your turkeys are! This is a good goal to get all those runners off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this your creation of a pattern? They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polly you came in as no reply so I hope you return to read this. Yes it is a pattern I wrote. It used to be on Craftsy but since they got rid of a bunch of my patterns I could put it on Etsy if you are interested.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou, I only remembered now you wouldn't be able to reach me!
      2 please it would be for a friend and I. pdmorgan19@gmail.com

      Delete
  8. This is so cute!!!!! What fun turkeys!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html