Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Did I meet my weekly goal

I am enjoying my time of bouncing around with my projects.  After such a busy 2020 in my Etsy shops, I am enjoying a break for a couple months.  Playing or working on whatever I want each day feels good!

So did I meet my goals this week... I mentioned I might work on another diamond runner and maybe make more log cabin blocks.  

Five more log cabins were built to make a total of six brown/light blocks.


My box looked so neat and tidy before building these cabins and then after going through each stack to choose which fabrics to use it didn't look so nice(I won't show you that!).  


After that it was time for a super fun day, sewing with my sister in law!!  The last time we were together we decided we wanted to make rope bowls using cotton clothesline as the base.  You wrap skinny 3/4" strips of fabric around the clothesline cord and zig zag them together.  Around and around you go until you have the base of the bowl done and then you tilt the bowl up so that you can form the sides. Super fun to do.  

I chose to use four bright Island Batik fat quarters for mine.  I think mine is about 10" across.  I didn't have a particular size in mind when I started.   And then to give it a bit more pizazz I added two swirls to the outside. 

It was so fun to make and I had a bit more cord to use up, so I made a small little bowl.  I haven't decided how I want to end it yet so I left it unfinished for now.  It it is about six inches across. 

So in the end the diamond table runner didn't make an appearance.  Maybe next week. I also want to keep on with the log cabin blocks. I'll see ya in a week to show you what I accomplished;)  In the meantime you can see lots of inspiration over at the To Do Tuesday linky party hosted by Roseanne and Sue. 

Also linking with Midweek Makers and Wednesday Wait Loss



16 comments:

  1. Love your fabric bowl and especially the design on the side. The log cabin blocks definitely caught my eye. Seems like they are quite popular. Way to use up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabric bowls are so cute! I tried to do that once, but I couldn't get started - my machine wasn't gripping the rope so it would move through the feed dogs or something. I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid to even try that with my machine I would probably be breaking needles one after another and have it totally mess up the tension. It looks really pretty though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you making a blue and brown log cabin quilt or are you throwing the red in there too? I've been wanting to make a rope bowl for a while now. I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those log cabin blocks - they have a warm and homey feel! Do you have a certain amount of them that you're going for? The rope bowl looks great! I have several friends who like to make those, but I haven't tried the technique yet. Sounds fun to sew with your sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your log cabin blocks.....so you don't feel so bad, my compartments look a total mess with me going through them. I keep saying there has to be a better way??? Love your bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your log cabins are looking good. Some quilter dislike brown but I like it a lot! I have a clothes line rope bowl started that I never finished! I should get it out of the UFO closet! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really like those log cabin blocks. Your bowls in happy colors are just what we need to see more of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bowl! Cute blocks! Great that you are having some fun sewing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! Those two bowls look like they were fun to make, and I love the nice bright colors you used. Nice job on the log cabin blocks. I wonder how they're going to to used once you finally have enough made . . . looking forward to seeing! Thanks for linking up this week. Take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bowls are so cute! Are the strips you show for the blocks you already made, or for more blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a workshop at guild on making the bowls and coasters. I love how they look then ended up deciding against it after one member told me that every time she makes some she has to take her machine in for repair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rope bowls and fun to sew with someone again. I look forward to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, your bowl is so cute. When I made one, a long time ago, I made it with my sister. It wasn't something I would have chosen on my own, but it was handy for years. I like the brown log cabins, especially the ones with that diagonal stripe. Those are going to look great in the overall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your bowl! It's so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute bowls! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html