Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Pineapple Meets Snowman

 With a title like that you must be wondering what in the world I am talking about!!  I used the Creative Grids Pineapple ruler to make snowmen blocks.  I used the small ruler and 1.5" strips of scraps to make both the head and body.  The tails of the scarf are appliqued on after quilting. 


They are a little time consuming but fun at the same time.  As always, it feels great to use some scraps in a project no matter how big or small it is.



Since the gray reads as a solid I dressed up the outer border with some fancy quilting. The red striped skinny border is pretty as is so it didn't need any quilting;)  



More scraps were used in making a fun backing for it.  I finished it off with a matching gray binding.


Did you all see that Sarah of Confessions Of A Fabric Addict is hosting the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop again this month.  I believe she is still looking for participants.  I almost missed signing up as I didn't see the original post about it.  But when I saw her mention it again in Monday's post I messaged her and she said not many had signed up yet.  So I jumped in!!

A little housekeeping now, to let you know that if you had in the past signed up for receiving email notices of my blog posts, I have moved all email addresses over to Follow.it.  I hope you are receiving them now. I do not know what they look like but have heard there may be some advertising on them.  I have no control over this, sorry.  If you wish to leave me a comment you need to come directly to my blog to do that, do not hit reply to the follow.it as I will not receive it, it will only go into unknown territory!  And I do love reading your comments and try to respond to each one.  If you are new here and wish to follow me there is a sign up box at the top right side bar.  

Hope you are all having a great week!
Linking with:






9 comments:

  1. Cute snowmen, and a great way to add interest to the white! Your quilting always adds so much to those tablerunners, too. I haven't noticed much advertising in the blogs I get from follow.it. It's possible that it's there, but it's not bothersome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There! What a cute table runner. I do so love snowmen! What a smart idea to add the scarf after quilting! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!...this pineapple snowman is so cute. His head is perfect for adding a top hat. I would never thought of using gray but it looks great with the white snowmen and that great striped inside border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! I did get your post title in an email today. It takes some getting used to, that's for sure. It's a summary that lists just a few of the blogs that have posted. I suspect if you don't click on the summary link, you would miss posts that aren't shown. Anyway - Follow It is working and I didn't notice any ads at all! Good job. This is a different take on a snowman. I love all the different fabric choices you made, and of course, the end result is just lovely. Great job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love this table runner...so festive and
    very colorful...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute runner! I finally got your post in my Follow.It newsletter, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute runner! How clever of you to use the pineapple ruler! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute table runners the past few blog posts (I'm trying to catch up all at once). I got a cute snowman pattern at the TOGA, and using just the blocks, it would make a cute table runner. We'll see if I get it done or not.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html